Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MerNation $1200 silicone tail review!

MerNation $1200 silicone tail review!

Hello! So here is my MerNation tail review! Lots to say so here goes!

I first contacted MerNation through their etsy page on the 13th of November 2014. I was interested in purchasing one of there $1200 solid colour silicone tails and wanted to ask a few questions about the tail before making the purchase. They replied within 24hrs and answered all my questions with ease. They immediately made me feel happy with the tail choice that I made and filled me in on extra info that I wanted to know.

I then stated to contact them via their email which was much easier and began the planning and paying process with them. Due to time differences as I am in the UK my replies would often be at ridiculous hours so contact was usually in the evenings for me. I paid for the tail on the 15th via PayPal which did add an extra cost to the process so this is something to be aware of.

Then had to decide exactly what I wanted! What scales I would like, pectoral fin design etc. I decided to go for there regular scales with my own design of pectoral fins which would sit in the middle of my thighs when the tail was on. I drew out the pectoral fun design and started to work on my duct tape dummy.

Mernation sent me a load of instructions about how to make the dummy etc as soon as I paid so I could get to work on it asap. I did! Within 48hrs I had made my dummy and was off to the post office to send it. I used royal mail as it was the most convenient for me at the time. The parcel took a little while to get to the Mernation but as soon as it got there, they let me know and go to work.

However it it was at this point that I was a pain and changed my ideas on colours (green to gold) and I wanted to add a scale bra to my order. However due to my financial situation I asked permission to pay for the bra at the same time as the postage. To my delight MerNation said yes and started to work on the bra! However I am a tricky size (30DD) so they had to order it online which was added to the price of the bra.

They at completed the bra and sent a picture to me before the tail. I was more then pleased with the beautiful image they sent me and was eager to see the tail!

My my original plan was to paint the tail myself however at the MerNation contacted me and asked if I would like them to paint the tail for me for an extra cost. I said yes and it was definitely the right decision!

They at sent me pictures the day after with incredible images of my tail! It was absolutely perfect. It was exactly what I had emailed them and I was so so pleased. It was beautiful!

I recieved the the tail on the 13th of January 2015 just two months after contacting them. Which was extremely fast! They finished the tail in December however the tail was sent to me in January at the same time as Seavixen's (which is very beautiful!)

The tail is everything I could have dreamed of and more. It is just beyond incredible. It fits like a glove and is very comfortable which surprised me! The seams are not irritating or distracting within the tail. It is super sparkly and the colours in the top and tail are wonderfully blended! They even added in a Finlet hairpiece! This tail is perfect and I can't even begin to describe how amazing MerNation has been.

The contact they have with their clients is fantastic. They are there every step of the way and are more then happy to answer ANY questions that you have. They are extremely fast at replying and left me feeling so happy with the whole experience. They are just wonderful! I can't sing their praises enough! Their work is phenomenal it's just beautiful! If you have any doubts about this company you shouldn't. You should choose MerNation! I know I will in the future!

This is is my unboxing video so if you want to watch that it is below! It'll give you a better understanding of the beauty of this tail and my first impressions! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7mDyCAwgc

Thank you again MerNation!

Were the pectoral fins included in the $1200?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Oh how gorgeous! I am strongly considering Mernation for my next silicone tail. How much extra were the pectoral fins, if you don't mind me asking? (:

Thanks! I believe they were about $180 but I can't remember exactly sorry!

Your video is adorable and I love to see hoe excited you were. Love the hair clip that is super cute!!! I am so happy we have another mermaid in the pod!!! Can't wait for the swim video. Congrats again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Your video is adorable and I love to see hoe excited you were. Love the hair clip that is super cute!!! I am so happy we have another mermaid in the pod!!! Can't wait for the swim video. Congrats again!!
    Thank you! That's so sweet! Hopefully get some swim videos soon

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    I just left a comment on your video. It is so gorgeous! If I ever get a silicone tail, it will be from Mernation. Thank you for all the close ups. It's the first time I have seen drain holes so clearly.

Wow! Your tail is absolutely stunning! I'm definitely going with Mernation for my first silicone tail.
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

Ah I've been waiting for someone to review this type of tail! It's so pretty! I'm glad you're pleased with it! It seemed like you were really able to stick your fingers in the drainage holes; are they well hidden or do they kind of hang open?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina Suds View Post
    Ah I've been waiting for someone to review this type of tail! It's so pretty! I'm glad you're pleased with it! It seemed like you were really able to stick your fingers in the drainage holes; are they well hidden or do they kind of hang open?
    No they are very well hidden. I only noticed them because I knew where to look. The colour of the silicone hides the openings very well. They are about an inch wide so very small. I just wanted everyone to get a good look!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Martha View Post
    No they are very well hidden. I only noticed them because I knew where to look. The colour of the silicone hides the openings very well. They are about an inch wide so very small. I just wanted everyone to get a good look!
    Ah, I see~ Thank you!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Your tail is gorgeous! That was extremely sweet of them to offer to paint the plum details on. I hope you get many good swims from it!
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Ouuu, Mermaid Martha, your unboxing video is making me shake with excitement for when I order my tail from them. It is beautiful! I hope you can post a wear and tear review after you've used it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by merkitty View Post
    Ouuu, Mermaid Martha, your unboxing video is making me shake with excitement for when I order my tail from them. It is beautiful! I hope you can post a wear and tear review after you've used it a couple of times.
    Definitely will do a wear and tear but that probably won't be until the summer when I get the most use out of it

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    How much was their postage to the uk? I'm thinking of ordering a tail from them myself
    Your tail looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by selkie13 View Post
    How much was their postage to the uk? I'm thinking of ordering a tail from them myself
    Your tail looks great!

the postage wasn't too bad it was around £150 so it was less then I thought which was nice!

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Martha View Post
    the postage wasn't too bad it was around £150 so it was less then I thought which was nice!
    That's brilliant! So much cheaper than I first thought. I was expecting it to be twice as much as that

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    Martha I am so happy for you!! I can't wait to get one too!

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    Was customs really expensive?

YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Neri Elvina View Post
    Was customs really expensive?

Customs was more expensive then postage. Not by too much but it made a difference to my bank! It's not as scary as people think! So there isn't really any reason to not order from the U.S. really. But thanks! I'm really pleased! It's amazing