Thread: Can't Use Tails in Surrey Pools

Can't Use Tails in Surrey Pools

Hey guys,

My daughter and I just tried taking our tails down to one of the public pools here in Surrey, and it turns out that there was a decision made earlier last week that tails are not allowed to be used in the pools here because they have not yet been reviewed by the city. Does anyone know where you can currently use tails in the south-western BC area?

In delta, the sun god pool doesn't seem to mind. Most of the pools in Burnaby and Vancouver don't mind either.

Oh wow! I hope that doesn't become an issue here in Vancouver, that would be awful!

Just called up Delta just to double check and make sure they weren't affected by the new rules in Surrey. Thank goodness we can use them there, otherwise I'd be stuck waiting until the summer to wear them again.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that honestly sounds like bs. I dont think it's true, and quite the coincidence that they just decided it... they probably just didnt want the liability. I find insurance typically renders that moot, and you can get insured for a very low amount my entire company, all my girls, all our gear, all our tails... insured for under 130$ a month. So imagine if it's just one person and one tail. it be like 40$ a month if that. worth it for the piece of mind, and getting into pools

You could be right. I think I'll look into it some more.