Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye makeup opinions

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I would suggest eyeliner and a waterproof mascara. Your eyes are pretty and that would make them stand out a bit more and not make you feel 'corpse' like.
    Also, Urban Decay makes Primer Potion to go underneath your eyeshadow. I've used it while swimming and that eyeshadow stayed like whoa. Highly recommended.

I am wearing eyeliner and mascara! Without mascara it looks like I have no upper eyelashes at all when my eyes are open. The joys of hooded eyes.

I'm nearly tempted to go Twiggy style and draw them on

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Try a darker color then. And a thicker line on your eyelids.

I go crazy with my eyeliner. I take it from my eye and do swirls down my face, then dots in a different color. It's really fun. However, I've never had scales look as good as yours came out. Mine always come out blurry and smudgy. I love the little dots on your eyes. That last picture is gorgeous. And if you wanna have lots of fun with it, go with purple lipstick and purple blush.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I know the feeling all too well, and to top it off, when I smile, my eyes disappear altogether!

Also, part of what is making your eyes look not-so-definite is your eyebrows...you should darken them with eyebrow pencil to frame your eyes. You don't necessarily need to pluck/wax them if you don't want, you have great looking natural brows, but the hair is light and your makeup sort of fades up into your forehead.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    My eyebrows are my worst enemy. They're very light coloured so I get them tinted so they actually exist on my face, and I fill them in with pencil or powder all the time.

But you can see their delicate untampered with state in my pic
    <<< over there

Eyelashes are not something I really worry about, but I stress constantly about my eyebrows

Name:  d7b55546860418363b85b46d3aecdf1f.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  54.1 KB
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Hahaha! I love that image!

I have like four eyelashes that stuck straight out.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Princess Pearl, I was just thinking that you look great with a bold lip color! Maybe just defined brows, liner and mascara, and lipstick would work for you sometimes

I prefer to do crazy things with my eyes ( I got the urban decay electric palette for myself for Christmas, it's my favorite!) I have hooded eyes too, so I tend to put most of the color on the outer corners of my eyes. I can actually see it that way, and it helps my eyes look bigger, I think.

I've only just been getting into makeup since last year, so I'm still learning, but I love to talk about it! It's been fun watching the looks you've created<3

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I know the feeling all too well, and to top it off, when I smile, my eyes disappear altogether!

Also, part of what is making your eyes look not-so-definite is your eyebrows...you should darken them with eyebrow pencil to frame your eyes. You don't necessarily need to pluck/wax them if you don't want, you have great looking natural brows, but the hair is light and your makeup sort of fades up into your forehead.
    I REALLY take that as a compliment that you think they look natural, because the last third of my eyebrows in the newest look IS drawn on! But darker it is!

Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    Princess Pearl, I was just thinking that you look great with a bold lip color! Maybe just defined brows, liner and mascara, and lipstick would work for you sometimes

I prefer to do crazy things with my eyes ( I got the urban decay electric palette for myself for Christmas, it's my favorite!) I have hooded eyes too, so I tend to put most of the color on the outer corners of my eyes. I can actually see it that way, and it helps my eyes look bigger, I think.

I've only just been getting into makeup since last year, so I'm still learning, but I love to talk about it! It's been fun watching the looks you've created<3
    Aw, thanks! It's nice to see someone in the same boat as me- still learning but loving what I'm learning! It just seems like every one I know had some sort of Makeup 101 class, and I was out sick that day and missed it. But YouTube makeup tutorials are the best thing ever and I'm learning and getting better. Heck, I didn't even know what hooded eyes were until I saw one video that mentioned them, and they are RIGHT THERE ON MY FACE.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...20eye%20makeup

There's a million looks I want to try!

Bold, dark eyes would look great on you, but with those lips, I'd go full-on dramatic RED.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Not sure if mentioned already, but aren't eyebrows quite redundant on a mermaid?

Eyelashes too, but I guess that would look too fishlike for human taste.

I love looking at the elaborate eye makeup and I would love to try it, but I have a baby face so any makeup beyond doll makeup or natural makeup looks weird and out of place on me.

My eyes do that too, and I have droopy eyelids as well. Not suitable for makeup.

Necro post!

I tried a new look today! I'm really excited about this version.

I'm trying some contouring, and I added purple and white along my hairline. Oh, and a LOT of pearls. I feel pretty

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Pearl that looks lovely!

Woow....
    this really looks amazing!!!!
    eyes makeup is something that's attracts everybody .i personally take my makeup artist advice for eyes makeup. Vicky mehra is a professional makeup artist in jammu known for creativity with make up techniques.
    Take a look from here : http://vickymehra.com/

Hi there, looking good.