Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Casting Call! Need Mermaid/Merman Extras!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by siren_selene View Post
    If this happenes in early 2016 I would love to join
    It will happen in the spring/early summer of 2016!!! You're welcome to join!

Speaking of which, UPDATE!!!

We're going to have our camcorder ready by then for sure! I'm going to have it by Christmas thanks to my very sweet and supportive parents offering to get it for me then! So I'm incredibly excited that we don't have to rely on a fundraiser as of yet. We will still be shooting on location in Austin, TX for the underwater shots and we're going to try to get as many scenes done as possible. The castle will likely just be added via CGI later when I get a subscription to Maya or some other program for a bit. It would honestly be a thousand times easier than trying to lug pieces of scenery to and from Austin and have to fish them out of a swimming hole. (It also eliminates the possibility of accidental littering)! We're going to be as eco-friendly as humanly possible during the entirety of this project, fyi. Try to make sure that whatever you're wearing to the shoot is secure enough that you won't lose it!

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for everyone who's signed on! If that changes, no pressure! This is a fun project for us mers to take part in together! <3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Latest update, here! I created a Facebook Group for the project so if anyone wants to join it to stay more immediately in the loop, it's much easier to post updates to Facebook than MN!

Here's the link: SWT - Filming Starts Summer 2016!

It's set to Closed, so you can request to join and I'll add you! Thanks, everybody!

I would love to do it only problem is I live in Kentucky and haven't gotten a tail yet. I am hoping to get mine as soon as I get enough funds to do so. Hope it goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lizzie View Post
    I would love to do it only problem is I live in Kentucky and haven't gotten a tail yet. I am hoping to get mine as soon as I get enough funds to do so. Hope it goes well!
    Aww, that's okay! I hope you get your tail soon! If you find yourself in Texas around film time, you're welcome to hop in the scene! Thank you!!!

Omg that would be so cool! I might somehow find a way to ge there!

Yeah!! Go for it!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Whoops shame on me i should have gotten on here long ago. But whoohoo! This sounds amazing! If i still have a place to live by then I'll definitely be up for doing this!
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaph's Avatar
    Follow MermaidSaph On Twitter
    Follow MermaidSaph on Tumblr Visit MermaidSaph's Youtube Channel
    I will most likely have a tail by then, but it would be hard to get permission from my parents. Being 13 sucks at points...
    Kitvin ☆ they/them ☆ he/him

I will fear not my death or destiny
    Because death fears me
    I'm not afraid to stand up
    Fists up
    Never gonna give up
    I'm lightning, no fear, just adrenaline
    ~
    What kind of scars will you leave?
    What kind of blood will you bleed?
    When fear sets the stage for defeat
    What will your legacy be?

Mermaid Pickles, I appreciate you letting me know!! You're always welcome to come!

MermaidAnna, you're also welcome to join if you can get permission! If your mother needs to talk to me or gather any additional information, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

This sounds really neat; any restrictions on what type of tail? I'm not the richest mermaid so I'm getting a Fin Fun tail. Also I am in the Austin area so it sounds like I could help out!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidKinsie View Post
    This sounds really neat; any restrictions on what type of tail? I'm not the richest mermaid so I'm getting a Fin Fun tail. Also I am in the Austin area so it sounds like I could help out!
    That's fantastic! We don't have any restrictions on tail types; all mers are welcome! Thank you so much!

Just so everyone knows, I have the first several episodes written, and will definitely have a camera with which to film the series by the end of this year! I'll keep updating everyone as often as possible!!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    This seems like it would be so much fun to be a part of!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    This seems like it would be so much fun to be a part of!
    That's the goal!! I wish you could join us, Keiris!!!

Update!!!

We've nearly finished writing the first season and we have at least 30-40 more actors and actresses signed on for filming! We also have several potential costumers and even one or two armorers! It's amazing how quickly it's all coming together!

***We will be filming promos this summer and stock footage to use for our Prologue episode - both of which will take place at the Lone Star Mer Meet in Austin this July 15th-17th! If you can be there, that would be perfect! We will still require mers for future scenes, however!

Here is the link to the event! It is free to attend, but info on room costs are included in the description if you need a room!

https://www.facebook.com/events/259856914358030/

Please, message me if you are interested in joining! We will work with your schedule and will be setting aside part of the budget for actors who show up! We are always looking for more mers, so please feel free to sign up if you can! After the promos and crowd funding this year, we hope to begin filming next year and will be continuously casting for extras! Faeries, mers, Elves, etc. are especially needed!

Thank you all so much!

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I just may happen to be able to get there! I also have a more LOTR-ish elf getup so- if you want a white-haired elf, I'm up for it! I'll also have a new tail skin by then, so woohoo!
    Swamp fish noises intensify

I'm just now seeing this! Are you still looking for Mermaids?

Yes!!

Here's some more info for you guys. Please, feel free to share with friends and family on social media!

We aim to begin filming next year after crowd funding at least the first season. Primarily, our shoots will take place throughout the DFW and Austin areas.

Auditions are not necessary for those looking solely to be extras or behind the scenes crew members, but resumes and headshots are highly appreciated. No experience necessary.

For larger roles, message me that you are interested in a role with lines and more screen time. We will contact you closer to filming to request auditions and hold interviews. Resumes are appreciated, but not required.

There will be a cut in the budget set aside for actors who show up to shoots that will vary depending on screen time and number of lines spoken.

We still need more costumers and SFX artists. The majority of our budget will be dedicated to these fields. We have already contacted the incredible Organic Armor and hope to soon have the honor of working with them for a great deal of the main armor for the series. We also have a chainmail worker and a few armored individuals and at least one or two SFX artists on call.

Our director, James Blanco will be meeting with us for filming and we are always looking for additional camera men on call as backups - specifically around the DFW area. Photographers are welcome to take set photos and share in the fun.

Plot Summary:
    Three young women discover that they are the lost descendants of a dying race of mer-people. Thrust into another world whose inhabitants are slowly being overwhelmed by a mysterious force, they must learn to hone their new abilities and work together to defeat a looming threat.

My contact info:
    Ashley Rodriguez
    inspirosinc@gmail.com

Looking forward to this SO much! Can't even wait to see the promos ^_^
    Dan/Danny || 17 || they/them

(Avatar by me (@red.lion.art))

I totally love Sailor Moon so I cannot wait to se how this turns out. To bad I am in Canada or I would totally audition!

Oooh hello Lotus! Any updates on your production?