Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Casting Call! Need Mermaid/Merman Extras!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook

Casting Call! Need Mermaid/Merman Extras!

Hey, Texas mers!! Lunette, Eve, and I will be making a mermaid magical girl YouTube series (inspired by, but not based upon Sailor Moon), and we need mermaids and mermen to appear in the very first episode!

Your name and tailmaker will be featured in the credits of that episode! We may ask a few of you to wear sclera contact lenses, but only those of you who are medically able and willing to do so.

We want mers of ALL types, so if you have a tail, this casting call is for YOU!

Filming will hopefully begin anywhere between late 2015 and early 2016, but we need a headcount now of those willing to participate! Feel free to invite friends with tails to participate and spread the word! We'd like a good number of people because you'll be representing the underwater kingdom of mers!

Feel free to email me: covenantcovellc@gmail.com
    Or message me on Facebook: Mermaid Lotus

Thank you and I look forward to working with you!!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

No where near Texas, but this sounds so amazing and fun! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck with everything~

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    OMGG. I have a tail! (no kidding, I mean it's in my avvie.) Would we have to go to you or video our own?
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Thank you, Seraphina!!!

Mermaid Pickles, you can record your own audition if you like! You don't really need one to be an extra, though. Only if you would like to audition for a bigger role! For filming, everyone who volunteers to be an extra will be requested to meet us on location, definitely somewhere in Texas. Suggestions are welcome. Large pools, lakes, or any beach location is what we neef. Preferably, where the water is clear. If you want to suggest a location near you, you are more than welcome to do so. We are already prepared to travel for filming. Right now, everything is still a work in progress so we're trying to get a headcount to help us prepare and iron out the details.

Extras will basically be their normal beautiful merselves until the villain turns the city against itself. Then, you'll either act like an evil mer (chasing, growling, etc) or you'll be frightened and trying to get away.

Pod of The South
    There's always Galveston, but there's a nice kinda brackish beach near where I live, and it's a lot cleaner. Given it's small, but there's no seaweed to get everywhere, and the beachy part is pebbles and not sand. Though for clear water, I'd probably say use a pool or maybe somewhere around Austin, since there are freshwater swimming holes around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pickles View Post
    There's always Galveston, but there's a nice kinda brackish beach near where I live, and it's a lot cleaner. Given it's small, but there's no seaweed to get everywhere, and the beachy part is pebbles and not sand. Though for clear water, I'd probably say use a pool or maybe somewhere around Austin, since there are freshwater swimming holes around there.
    We were actually planning Austin!! We've got access to a recording studio in Austin and a very sweet mer has offered her help to be a part of production there!

Pod of The South
    Cool! That's awesome! Austin is great for environmental contrast! There are the dry rocky hiking trails and the lakes and the swimming holes, as well as the San Marcos River. I'd love to live out there, I just don't like big cities.

this sounds interesting
    Mermaid Enora

This would be so much fun! But i'm in Australia.. :I
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Cool! That's awesome! Austin is great for environmental contrast! There are the dry rocky hiking trails and the lakes and the swimming holes, as well as the San Marcos River. I'd love to live out there, I just don't like big cities.
    That us PERFECT!!! I'm in Arlington and know embarrassingly little about other Texas cities and the more I hear about Austin, the more I feel like God is telling us to shoot there!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Enora View Post
    this sounds interesting
    You're more than welcome to join in on the fun! No commitment necessary, but I'll send you details as they come!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    This would be so much fun! But i'm in Australia.. :I
    Aww, sorry!! I sure wish we could film where you are, and I wish you could join us too!!
    If you happen to find yourself in Texas, or if we win a trip to Australia, you have an open invitation to join!!
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 02-27-2015 at 05:17 AM.

haha I wish ^.^ thanks lol
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    haha I wish ^.^ thanks lol
    Anytime!!

Pod of The South
    There are a lot of cedars and oaks in Austin, too! XD Tree-wise, there's not much more.

There are a lot of cedars and oaks in Austin, too! XD Tree-wise, there's not much more.
    Omg, I'm so excited! We've got several forest scenes in the works and it's so tough to find big trees like that!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I'm interested!

I'd like to be an extra. It sounds like fun. By then I'll have my silicone tail too. I know there's a spring somewhere in Texas but I can't think of where off the top of my head, I'll find it and get back to you on that. (PS, has ANYONE gone swimming in the pink lake in austrialia yet? I NEED PHOTOS)
    I'll bug my mom for info about Austin. She goes up there for work every now and then.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Balmorhea would be fun but it's way out in no mans land
    Mermaid Enora

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    I'm interested!
    Awesome! Thank you!! You're officially on the list!