Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia Mers?

Virginia Mers?

Ello all.... Im bummed...wanna know why? because it seems the Chesapeake Pod has died because no one posts there that I have seen...

see I am a Virginia Mer and would love to meet and swim with other Virginia Mers so iffen there are any still around please come and say hi

Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    Chesapeake Pod

Add Nadine Persing on Facebook
    i am in virginia DC and virginia beach... I AM JUST STARTING and i need a tail but i want a beautiful realistic one and can't seem to find one i like any used ones you know of??? would love some help bc i fully intend on this being more than just a hobby.. means more to me then that.. See I'm a military wife and a mom as well as an ice nurse of 15 yrs... ALL of my life i have seriously wanted to live in the ocean... I'm not kidding... I'm obsessed with anything that has to do with the water. As a kid and as an adult my fondness of mermaids , dolphins, aquariums has never wavered despite those that have made fun of my passion for such things... well now I'm a mom of a little mermaid... she amazes me with her need for the water too... she's 3 yrs old and can swim already anyways i really want to make my dream come true now... its my time and i don't want anything or anyone to stop me.... i want to eventually do children parties festivals education for children.. etc..... as well as find some friends that just understand our passion and who would like to meet up swim etc... can anyone help me get started?? please please please
    Last edited by Nadine Persing; 04-07-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: add ons

Hey Im in the Richmond area and Im just getting started too. Im going to be buying a fabric tail pretty soon to start with but I do want to get a silicone realistic tail most likely from Merbella's

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Persing View Post
    i am in virginia DC and virginia beach... I AM JUST STARTING and i need a tail but i want a beautiful realistic one and can't seem to find one i like any used ones you know of??? would love some help bc i fully intend on this being more than just a hobby.. means more to me then that.. See I'm a military wife and a mom as well as an ice nurse of 15 yrs... ALL of my life i have seriously wanted to live in the ocean... I'm not kidding... I'm obsessed with anything that has to do with the water. As a kid and as an adult my fondness of mermaids , dolphins, aquariums has never wavered despite those that have made fun of my passion for such things... well now I'm a mom of a little mermaid... she amazes me with her need for the water too... she's 3 yrs old and can swim already anyways i really want to make my dream come true now... its my time and i don't want anything or anyone to stop me.... i want to eventually do children parties festivals education for children.. etc..... as well as find some friends that just understand our passion and who would like to meet up swim etc... can anyone help me get started?? please please please
    Finfolk productions has amazing tails, depending on your price range

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thank gosh theres other virginia mers! I just moved to Stafford from Oahu Hawaii ! If you ever want to meet up and take a swim let me know!!

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I just joined the community here Mer-network and am a Virginia Mer in the Woodbridge Area! I would love to do a meet up at some point. I am currently trying to find a safe place for swimming

Richmond Virginia Mermaids.

Hello Virginia Mermaids!
    My name is Jamie, I'm over here in Seattle. I'm hoping any mermaids in the Richmond area can help me out. I work with a non-profit called Magic Wheelchair, we build epic costumes for kids in wheelchairs. There is a costume reveal for a little girl happening in Richmond this Saturday (Oct 29th, 2016). She is a mermaid riding a turtle, how cute is that! I told the builder I would reach out to the mermaid community in that area, to see if anyone of you would like to attend the reveal in your mermaid finery. We just did this here in Seattle (one of our kids had a Coral Reef costume made), and members of our mermaid community came to the reveal and hung out for photo opps with the kids before the reveal happened. It was super cute!
    You can see pics on our FB page, to see more about what we do: https://www.facebook.com/magicwheelchair/?fref=ts

This is the info I received from Travis, the costume builder; "Thanks for looking into finding some folks in our area. We are going to do the reveal in the Richmond Virginia area, either at the Dental School downtown or out in the "Short Pump/ West End" area. We were thinking about around 3:30ish. I really hope we can make this work, I know the family would greatly appreciate it."

Since it's so soon (this weekend) if you are interested please reach out to Travis. I would hate to miss your response, as I may not check this again in time. His email is:
    travisjonweimer (at) yahoo.com