Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: North Pacific Pod Introductions!

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    I live in Lakewood! And thank you for the welcome!!!

Cool! There are quite a few of us in the Seattle/Tacoma area!

That's awesome! Good to know there are some close to home!

I'm about 20 minutes south of you.

Awesome!

Hey there, Whitney! I'm in UP! Small world. I'm sad that the pool I use is closed up during the US Open :/

Hey, this is so cool! Other mers are so close! And yes, there's so much closed during the US Open it's not even funny! If the pool near me is open, that'll be great, but I doubt it will be. *sigh*

I'll probably go river or lake swimming relatively soon, we go camping in Eastern Washington every year, so that's something to look forward to.

Oooh, yeah I bet river/lake swimming in Eastern WA is nice. Probably much warmer than the Sound, lol. Does the pool near you allow tails?

You could come down to Olympia for a swim!

That's a good question, JustCOS! I've gotta ask! And yeah, it's nice and warm over there.

And hey, that's a great idea! I'd love to come swimming down there! I don't have a tail or monofin yet, but still! I'll have to ask my parents about the idea.
    "Take me above your light,
    Carry me through the night.
    Hold me secure in flight,
    Sing me to sleep tonight."
    ~Hello Seattle by Owl City

That sounds super tempting, Raayvhen! Looks like the price is the same as my pool, and the hours are way more expanded. Is it salt or chlorine, just out of curiosity? And if I did come down, would you wanna meet up?
    I'm still working on my tail, but it's about halfway done (and fabric, so when I get back to it it'll go quick).

Actually, I swim at The Evergreen State College where I go. It's $6 for non students and the lifeguards love seeing mermaids. it is chlorine.

And I'd love to meet and swim.

I thought I remembered you saying you were a Greenie

Would wendesday work for you? If so, what time would be best?

Hey all,
    I'm new to the site. I've been swimming like a mer since I was little, but never considered getting a tail until a few years ago. Now I'm working on saving up some money and building up my strength, so I can get a tail. I'm in Hayden, Idaho... swimmin' in the lakes!

Welcome!

Just as an update to all the Tacoma-ish mers, I took my tail to the Curtis pool today at they were totally fine with letting me swim. Plus it's a saltwater filter, and only $3.50, so it's not a bad place to do some laps!

Definitely definitely have to check that pool out sometime!

Welcome to Maiden Lissa!

And hey, that's cheap for a saltwater pool! Gotta check it out sometime.
    "Take me above your light,
    Carry me through the night.
    Hold me secure in flight,
    Sing me to sleep tonight."
    ~Hello Seattle by Owl City

Hello there everyone! My name is Tiana and I am new! I am just starting my mermaid journey, I am in Kitsap County, in Bremerton. Working on getting my first tail from Mermaid Kariel. I started a GoFund, let me know if you might be willl to share my story! as I sure I will with all of you. Cant wait to meet you all!

Hello all, I'm Mariah, most of my friend just call me Riah or Riot and I live in Ellensburg WA, I've been here for a couple years now but I was born and raised in CA so I'm still adjusting. I've always had dreams of being a mermaid but I only stumbled across the mermaid scene a few years ago and only recently found this forum. I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friendly fins! I as of yet don't have a tail and I'm working through my anxiety to try and get out more so I can start swimming again.

I'm in Arlington, smallish town more or less an hour's drive north of Seattle
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W