Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mermaid Libary

The Mermaid Libary

Finally I'm putting my library knowledge and by LibraryandInformationTechnician diploma to good use!
    LauraLWatson in another thread suggested there be a Mermaid Library. so using the books that i already have on hand, and the list of mermaid novels that were mentioned on here, and my super special awesome skills as a librarian, I'm compiling a list of books along with their ISBNs, genre, subject, and other information into one huge "e-library" of some sorts. yass!!

It'll be hosted here: http://ssmermaidlibrary.blogspot.ca/
    and you can gladly put your review about the books in the comment section.

Still in it's beginning stages atm.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Layout is nearly there! Just tweaking and doing a few minor adjustments before starting to post.

OHOH also, if anyone wanted to help contribute and suggest a list of titles, please be my guest!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Fantastic!!! This has been sorely lacking! I have a list of titles I can send you. Is there a tutorial on how to update? I don't want to screw up your format.
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

Seaglass Siren you are a saint!!! This is an awesome idea! I shall be on your e-library religiously when it's finished!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SweeteSiren View Post
    Fantastic!!! This has been sorely lacking! I have a list of titles I can send you. Is there a tutorial on how to update? I don't want to screw up your format.
    Here's the "form" to submit :P lol. Nah you can just post on here.

Title, author(s), illustrator(s)
    Description,
    Publisher, latest copyright date, publication place(city,state/province,country)
    Isbn number

The info is usually found on one of the first pages. The ones we tend to ignore lol. It's in fine print.
    Or if you can't find it a picture will do ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    Seaglass Siren you are a saint!!! This is an awesome idea! I shall be on your e-library religiously when it's finished!!!
    Thankyou Carly

This is an amazing idea Seaglass Siren
    Now I just need to find more time to read. I'm still in the middle of A feast for Crows.
    I did get some free mermaidy books on my kindle, maybe I will put them on this library.

Ooo you just reminded me I have to add ebooks to my list

i am wondering if i should include a form though... hm.. anyway, it's up and running! im still adding more books and the search engine is a bit stupid but the side links work!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Ingo is a good book...

{(¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.»BRINGING GRAVITY FALLS AND MERMAIDS TOGETHER SINCE...erm...2014! «.,¸_¸,.·*¨¯)}
    If you're a Gravity Falls fan, why don't you check out my blog?
    https://ageekgirlsblogofawesomeness.wordpress.com/

Formerly known as SeaStarShimmer

more books have been added, and a few audio (cds), and audio visuals (movies, docs, etc)!
    The SeaGlass Siren

I've added all the CDs in my current collection but i feel like i am missing a few..

Like Sirena, and Nightwish... and that other pirate metal band... except i dont have any of their physical albums.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Ooo! Totally bookmarking this! XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yay hope it's of use to you! almost done with my physical collection. still have vicious deep, deep blue, rogue wave, mermaid's madness, and a few graphic novels and children's books. i have other books that have nothing to do with mermaids but have everything to do with water (mystery/thriller novels). wondering if i should include those.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I work in a comic shop, I could let you know about mermaid comics that are out or upcoming. If you're interested of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES. YAAAAAS. YAAAAAAAAAS!
    The SeaGlass Siren

i have a few of michael turner's Fathom. i love the artstyle. and the fact that it feeds into my ocean artwork love is a bonus *o*
    The SeaGlass Siren

Yay for Comic Readers!

I have a list on my computer at home (ironically I'm currently at work until close tonight so I can't get to it at the moment) and I'll get a list off to you as soon as I can. I also have been compiling a list of comics that have mermaids on the covers but I don't know if that would fall under anything you may have in mind.

Still works!

I have an excel document that you can fill out.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I just tried to add a widget contact form aaaaaand it just erased all the info I wanted on the form.

Fffffishpaste.