Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my shell top?

Help with my shell top?

I am making my very first sea shell top while waiting for my Mertailor tail to arrive! But unfortunately, I have run into a few complications.

I have really big boobs and wear a 34DDD bra. I found some pretty big lion paw shells but I still can't find a way to make the fit properly. I know many people glue the shells to a nude colored bra but I am worried that the bra will start smelling bad after swimming and obviously you can't really put it in he wash. I've also seen it glued to fishnet but it seems like fishnet is to thin to hold big shells and accessories.

Can someone please give me some idea or tips on how to put together this bra that is effective for me considering the large size of my chest.

Thank you so much!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I have a few tips! If you're a 34DDD, that's close to what my friend is. I got her top from Mermaid Hyli, at Siren Allure on Etsy. She has mermaid tops that fit bustier mers. If you're set on making your own, that's GREAT! More power to you!!! Mermaid Hyli uses shells made out of silicone which she makes herself to fit the bra size required. So you could work with silicone. OR you could just up the volume of the foliage around the biggest lion's paw shells you can find.

As for the bra getting funky, all you have to do is make sure you let it sun dry (inside up) so that it can dry properly. I assume a blowdryer on rainy days would work fairly well if you need an alternative!

I hope that helps!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    maybe try gluing or sewing some snaps onto the bra and the shell so you'll be able to remove the shells to wash the bra?

Thank you! I'm gonna try that! Maybe I'll pickup some fake seaweed to use as an "underwire"! I'm currently decorating the shells.

yeah the bra wont get funky Just let it dry properly (hang it up, lay it out, just dont leave it balled up wet) and after every few swims give it a good baking soda and vinegar water soak with your tail. Hope that helps!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Atlantis has silicone shells in her Etsy shop that fit up to a G cup! I'm planning to pick some up. My lion paw top is super inappropriate (haha), and that's with a ton of foliage, a bra underneath, and only being a size 34DD.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1652864...home_active_17

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

All of my tops are on bra bases and I rinse them out with fresh water and let air dry and they've never gotten weird and I've had most of them for a year or more. :-) Sometimes to wash wash them I put them in a baking soda bath with my tail.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

I've had one of my seashell bra tops for over two years and as long as you dry it out and clean it with freshwater and occasional baking soda, you're good to go!

Also, abalone works well for covering more blessed boobs. They come in bigger sizes and don't flatten the girls quite as much. :3
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

I wish I would have known about the abolone sooner!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  333.2 KB
    This is what I have so far. Work in progress! I hope it works out eventually.

Ooh very pretty! Is it on a bra base?

Sent from my shellphone using Mertalk

No it's not. Actually the shells are kinda just stuck in the netting because of all the shells and star fish it hooks on to. And the seaweed acts as an underwire. It's nice because I can buy some abalone shells that Mermaid Lorelei suggested and interchange them!

At the very least you should drill a few holes in the shells so you can temporarily tie them to the netting. I'm afraid they'll fall out when you swim!!

That's a great idea. I'll do that! Thank you!

No problem! Good luck!