Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Mer Cosplay Thread

The Non-Mer Cosplay Thread

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new around here, but from my exhaustive lurking I've noted that a quite a few of you guys enjoy going to various conventions, renaissance faires, etc. Cosplay can require so much thought, attention to detail, time, and energy. I thought it would be cool to have a thread for people to show off their (non-mer) costumes!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

YES!!!
    Me as Alice with Elsa and Anna from my lovely local princess party company

Utena Tenjou from the anime/manga Revolutionary Girl Utena(manga artbook prince uniform variation)
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Here is my Stanley Kubrickian version of Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange. The book describes a very different outfit. I hand sewed the codpiece myself and poked myself so many times I considered updating my tetanus vaccination. Haha! I wore it to Madison's first Comic Con early this year.

(Sorry if you saw this post twice, I had to edit due to MASSIVE photo size and ultimately decided to delete because of technical difficulties!)

Name:  IMG_0396e.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  93.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0379e.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  96.2 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Ooo! I love cosplay. Here are me and the bf as Domino and Nick Fury, and me and my friend as Marceline and Fiona. I've since re-made the Marceline wig. It's got the ridiculous volume on top now, hoping to get a good pic at StocktonCon this summer :-D The pic of Fury and Domino is by Journeys in Color Photography.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133741.../shares/4Y87i0
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/133741.../shares/56d56f

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Love it! Happy to see some fellow cosplayers and awesome costumes! You guys rock!

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Your imagination is your only limit

I'm Just going to post some of my favorite pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    

IllynReaver, you have hoof shoes!!! I want to try a pair of those out! Are they pretty hard to walk in compared to regular high heeled shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by IllynReaver View Post
    I'm Just going to post some of my favorite pics
    Hail, fellow faun! Your Maleficent is epic!!

Name:  11425180_487737384725713_3988773202139642960_n.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  84.5 KB
    Name:  11425173_487738341392284_933766231777065310_n.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  137.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonMermaid View Post
    IllynReaver, you have hoof shoes!!! I want to try a pair of those out! Are they pretty hard to walk in compared to regular high heeled shoes?
    Sorry just now seeing this. They take practice to walk in, all your weight is on the balls of your feet, but they're not much harder from walking in high heels. Just practice on a nice carpeted surface around the house while getting used to it.

Also, didn't see your response there Elodea, I see you have hoof shoes too! Did you make or buy yours? I had a fun time making mine, lots of trial and error. And thank you, the train on that Maleficent dress is just completely ridiculous. My arm almost fell off at the end of the day from having to carry it all day long.

Oh gosh, IllynReaver I love your work!

Here are some of my favorite recent shots of me:
    Name:  qJXxZBoDssi2LZyhDF0xKs9p6jE1Wr_9u3sT3CBoE8k.png
Views: 561
Size:  645.1 KB
    Name:  11209722_10153472043353296_6418799656655224774_n.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  131.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_0947-L.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  128.5 KB
    Name:  16530977403_6ec47b437d_o.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  571.9 KB
    Name:  16914078278_db6db24b9b_o(1).jpg
Views: 540
Size:  582.7 KB

~Real photoshoot coming soon~

Oh my goodness! You have some amazing cosplays as well JustCOS, really loving the fire in the first picture.

Thank you so much! The fire one I'm particularly proud of, as it's a practical effect!

~Real photoshoot coming soon~

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I made a post about it a few pages back, but it was all costumes not just cosplay.

I cosplay, making a Jawa to become part of the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion and maybe a jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by IllynReaver View Post
    Sorry just now seeing this. They take practice to walk in, all your weight is on the balls of your feet, but they're not much harder from walking in high heels. Just practice on a nice carpeted surface around the house while getting used to it.

Also, didn't see your response there Elodea, I see you have hoof shoes too! Did you make or buy yours? I had a fun time making mine, lots of trial and error. And thank you, the train on that Maleficent dress is just completely ridiculous. My arm almost fell off at the end of the day from having to carry it all day long.
    I made mine. I sculpted them in clay and cast them in resin. The shoe itself is a regular high heel with the heel cut off. Talk about trial and error! I'd never sculpted anything with the intention to mold it and I made the mistake of using regular soft craft clay. Also, for my next pair, I'm going to a few things to make them lighter. The hooves are solid resin and each shoe is 1.5 pounds!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh man same. I've sculpted tiny things before but getting the mold just right to cast the hooves was the real fun part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this counts as cosplay, but I've got some silly photos to show. I'm an occasional drag show performer (all tips/donations go to charity) and love to use my mad dancing skillz (ha!) to put on a good show. I love to perform alone, but I also do choreography for other group acts. I love drag, it's so ridiculously fun. Here are some of my favorites:

Name:  IMG_0148.PNG
Views: 512
Size:  597.6 KB
    Stage name: Busta Hymes
    Specializes in: pelvic thrusting, making it rain, stealing your girlfriend

Name:  1483441_673617019770_1246883056_n.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  51.2 KB
    Stage name: Michael Whackson
    Specializes in: sparkles, FAILING to moonwalk as previously planned and just walking backwards across the stage embarrassingly

Name:  IMG_0122e.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  122.7 KB
    Stage name: The Artist Formerly Known as Princess
    Specializes in: rad guitar solos, making doves cry, BOOTY SHORTS

Those are cute pics! I have so many silly ones.

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the pics you've posted so far. I'd love to see your silly ones!