Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Non-Mer Cosplay Thread

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Yes, that makes perfect sense!

I'd been hesitant about developing a mersona for cosplay, and now I can see that it would be perfectly appropriate!

Now if only I had the time!
    Do I sense a Cosplay in your future, Pearlie? My cousin has been trying to get me to go with h and his wife to Dragoncon for years but I haven't rallied......yet.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    Do I sense a Cosplay in your future, Pearlie? My cousin has been trying to get me to go with h and his wife to Dragoncon for years but I haven't rallied......yet.
    It would be more 'Pearlie appears at cosplay event' rather than 'Pearlie makes something to wear to a cosplay event'.

Okay, this might be a dumb question, but I've been wanting to ask it for a long time and this thread seems the perfect place. In cosplay, is it expected that you replicate/represent a character from a specific comic/movie/book/show or can you make up something of your own? i.e. a screen accurate Sailor Moon is obviously something seen in cosplay, but if I made an awesome (but completely my own) superhero character, is that something that's done?
    Pearlie, you can do whatever you want when it comes to cosplay/costuming. That faun I did was my own creation. Really anything goes. After years of replicating others designs I've found I really like making something of my own.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    It would be more 'Pearlie appears at cosplay event' rather than 'Pearlie makes something to wear to a cosplay event'.

"Pearlie wears her tail to a cosplay event and rides around in an office chair with Theta" FTFY

YESSS!! Do that!!
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar

Wore this at Space City Comic Con this past weekend.
    Wolverine + ballerina = Wolverina

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Sherielle, this is the single greatest thing I have ever seen. The cigar! The pointe shoes!

Ahahahaha brilliant! It fits perfectly with princess batman; Name:  image.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  50.0 KB
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

My favorite cosplay that I did was my Lady Shen gown. I did a female version of Lord Shen from the movie Kung Fu Panda 2.

My hubby and I went to see the movie in the theaters and when I saw Lord Shen, I absolutely fell hard in love with him. During the movie my hubby and I started discussing ideas for a cosplay of it. As soon as the movie was over, we headed home and I immediately started planning out my costume.

It took a whole year to make and it was entirely hand sewn, hand beaded and rhinestoned.

There's more pics to view here if you like...
    http://sinicallytwsted.livejournal.c.../80975/?page=1
    Last edited by SINicallyTwisted; 07-28-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Sin you look amazing! It's a great representation of him, and you portrayed it well. Am am still in love with him haha
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Oh my, I've done so many cosplays in the past few years.. I'll try to narrow it down to my fav photo's:

Ariel

Crysta (FernGully)
    Name:  21300_518565581624823_6723609639761769469_n.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  83.0 KB

Tinkerbell

Ariel saildress

Scar (the lion king)

Kida (atlantis)
    Name:  741015_429821770423466_1199795282_o.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  92.3 KB

Soon I'll have some nice pics of my newest cosplay: Ariel; the seafoamdress.

I have a few cosplays but my favorite is Lucy Heartfilia ^^
    Name:  11667123_931465350250468_1759806629_n.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  151.0 KB

^^

And Mermaid Crystal Shimmer.. Your cosplays are AWESOME *o*

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post

Wore this at Space City Comic Con this past weekend.
    Wolverine + ballerina = Wolverina
    I don't know what's going on here but I love it.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    I don't know what's going on here but I love it.
    Heh heh heh.... Thank you!

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I have a snow elf cosplay. I kinda wanted to see if I could make a skyrim-ish kind of non-armored character, and she ended up a snow elf. But like, not the devolved falmer you find in-game in caves. It's an actual snow elf who can see and stuff. But I don't exactly have any good pictures, and to get good ones, I'd probably have to go somewhere with snow. Houston does not get snow.

I'll see if I can get pictures later on in the year when it's not too hot to wear tons of layers and an insanely long wig.

Also my icon/avatar is a half-done humanized Shaymin cosplay. The wig is also used for a Bleach OC, but eh. I like shaymin. It's fun. I just have to wear a lot of green.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Crystal Shimmer View Post
    Oh my, I've done so many cosplays in the past few years.. I'll try to narrow it down to my fav photo's:

Kida (atlantis)
    Name:  741015_429821770423466_1199795282_o.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  92.3 KB

Soon I'll have some nice pics of my newest cosplay: Ariel; the seafoamdress.
    Do you have any more Pictures of your Kida cosplay? I would love to see them

Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Thank you Mermaid Lucy!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon View Post
    Do you have any more Pictures of your Kida cosplay? I would love to see them

These are the only two other decent pictures I have. I think I need to do a new photoshoot with this costume, since this was back in 2012 :P

Attachment 31791

Name:  315486_412420275471149_85752715_n.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  143.4 KB

Sorry for the spam, but I just got this picture from my newest cosplay: Ariel in the Seafoamdress.

Name:  11840199_923865570987845_948527265_o.png
Views: 560
Size:  299.1 KB

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Ohhhhh, that's so pretty!!! I fell in love with that dress when I was a little girl...

I have something exciting in the works that I'll show off on Saturday!!
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth