So there's a local sci-fi/fantasy/general geekery convention that takes place in my town every year, that recently decided to move to a bigger, better venue to handle the constantly-growing crowds. Next year's con, in April, is going to be at a super-swanky hotel... With an indoor pool!

At first I was like, "Maybe I'll be able to wear my tail in the pool during the con," and then I was like, "Wait, even better... What if I host a mermaid panel at the con?"

I've been in talks with one of the main chairmen on the con committee (who, conveniently, happens to be my kickass stepbrother), and as it gets closer to the con date he's going to check with hotel staff about whether the pool will be open to con guests, or only people staying at the hotel (not that that'll be a problem for me, as my stepbrother says he can just put my name on his hotel room if the latter happens to be the case). If it turns out that con guests will have access to the pool, I'm thinking about doing a "demonstration" in the pool after my panel to show how people swim in their mermaid tails, taking a tail on and off, things like that.

The pool part, though, is still up in the air, but I know I'll definitely be able to grab an hour-long panel at the con-- which is what I could use some advice with. I'm really hoping to get more people in town interested in joining the mercommunity, as right now I'm preeeeeetty sure I'm the only mermaid in town and that... kinda sucks, to be honest!

So: What should I talk about at my panel? What kind of information should I include?

Topics I'm tossing around for the panel are:

- What "Mer" is (obviously)
- Different types of tails and monofins
- Choosing the best tail/accessories for you
- Environmental and educational focuses of the mercommunity
- Merfolk safety
- Mermen and other gender identities in the community
- Where to find resources (MerNetwork, Raina's vlogs, etc.)

As well as including lots of pics and video clips of people swimming in their tails, of course.

Is there anything else that I should add? I'm hoping to be as inclusive as possible in my panel and want to be as informative as possible, which is why I'm starting on gathering as much info as possible so early before the con. Any help would be super appreciative!

(Also, suggestions for a clever title for the panel are more than welcome, too! :P)