Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    It's nice to see a Christian merfolk thread! I had trouble finding it as there's not a specific category for "Religion". Hmm...

I thought Christian mermaids would be so totally out there that it wouldn't exist! A lot of the churches I've attended hate anything that is considered fantasy, such as dragons, mermaids, etc., and thus I was either promptly thrown out or left before they had the chance.

I was wondering - if any of you are professional mermaids/mermen that live for the one true God the Father, of any sub-religion or denomination, how do you incorporate God in what you do? As He told us in the Bible, in Colossians 3:23 (KJV):“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;”

I want to make mermaiding a thing that glorifies Him but also brings joy and happiness to everyone! Any ideas?
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    It's nice to see a Christian merfolk thread! I had trouble finding it as there's not a specific category for "Religion". Hmm...

I thought Christian mermaids would be so totally out there that it wouldn't exist! A lot of the churches I've attended hate anything that is considered fantasy, such as dragons, mermaids, etc., and thus I was either promptly thrown out or left before they had the chance.

I was wondering - if any of you are professional mermaids/mermen that live for the one true God the Father, of any sub-religion or denomination, how do you incorporate God in what you do? As He told us in the Bible, in Colossians 3:23 (KJV):“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;”

I want to make mermaiding a thing that glorifies Him but also brings joy and happiness to everyone! Any ideas?
    I have been trying to think about how to do the same thing.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.

Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    I would view it like Mr. Rogers. Although he never talked about church or God in his show, several people went to church because of him. He SHOWED God's love through his love of each individual child. (You'll notice that he never said "Hey, kids!" He addressed the biewer individually.)

Even though my latest Evangelism teacher might go brimstone-and-hellfire on me for it, I think you can glorify and lead people to God much more subtley and even more honestly through your actions.

A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lanier View Post
    I would view it like Mr. Rogers. Although he never talked about church or God in his show, several people went to church because of him. He SHOWED God's love through his love of each individual child. (You'll notice that he never said "Hey, kids!" He addressed the biewer individually.)

Even though my latest Evangelism teacher might go brimstone-and-hellfire on me for it, I think you can glorify and lead people to God much more subtley and even more honestly through your actions.
    That how I was kind of thinking. Thank you for sharing it. It really helped me!

That's actually a fantastic way to view it! It makes a lot more sense now
    Thank you !
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook

Because the first step is always to Win The Right To Be Heard. Once that is accomplished, THEN share the Good News.

Add MerGreg on Facebook

Wish you could come up to the DC area and check out my church. Faithful to the Word, and realizing that people are coming from everywhere.

As things stand right now, I'm hoping to host a Sunday morning informal worship / get-together at the next MerMania for whomever might want to attend. After all, we're called to be fishers of men, and who's more likely to get caught in a net than merfolk?

The key is (1.) building relationships and (2.) being REAL - with others and with yourself. Don't be a phony, and don't view people as projects. And lastly, let's not forget that the undersea world is a HUGE part of His creation. Honor the Creator by caring for that part of His creation.

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.

Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    Greg, your fisher of men comment reminded me of a story that I thought you guys might like. My dad is a chaplain, and he was sent to Africa a some time ago. While he was there, he met a Muslim man who didn't know what a pastor was. My dad explained that he was "a fisher of men" and the man understood. Just a few years ago, the man sent a message to my dad saying, "You caught this fish on your first trip." He's now a Christian ministering to others in his area. It's a pretty inspiring story.

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Greg, your fisher of men comment reminded me of a story that I thought you guys might like. My dad is a chaplain, and he was sent to Africa a some time ago. While he was there, he met a Muslim man who didn't know what a pastor was. My dad explained that he was "a fisher of men" and the man understood. Just a few years ago, the man sent a message to my dad saying, "You caught this fish on your first trip." He's now a Christian ministering to others in his area. It's a pretty inspiring story.
    MUCH Groovy!!! AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    Wish you could come up to the DC area and check out my church. Faithful to the Word, and realizing that people are coming from everywhere.

As things stand right now, I'm hoping to host a Sunday morning informal worship / get-together at the next MerMania for whomever might want to attend. After all, we're called to be fishers of men, and who's more likely to get caught in a net than merfolk?

The key is (1.) building relationships and (2.) being REAL - with others and with yourself. Don't be a phony, and don't view people as projects. And lastly, let's not forget that the undersea world is a HUGE part of His creation. Honor the Creator by caring for that part of His creation.
    I'd love to join in on that MerMainia informal worship! I would love to make more Christian mer friends as well. It sounds like fun!

I agree! I am always real with myself and others as I dislike being seen for something I am not. I don't worry about other people's perception of me and it really has set me as free as a dolphin!
    Thank you !

Oh wow, that's an awesome idea. I'd love to worship at Mermania when I go... which won't be for at least five years, but I'm so happy that He's going to be worshipped there!

Quote Originally Posted by TritonsGuard View Post
    Hey. If we started a pod for Christians, we could call it "The Sunday School."
    That. Sounds. Awesome.
    Someone please do this.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Member Undisclosed Pod
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was super excited to find a Christian thread! One of my favourite verses is Pslam 46:10: "He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."" (NIV) I also find a lot of comfort in Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (NIV) I struggle with a lot of anxiety, so these verses are always really nice to remind me that God always has my back.

Quote Originally Posted by DominaDomino View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was super excited to find a Christian thread! One of my favourite verses is Pslam 46:10: "He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."" (NIV) I also find a lot of comfort in Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (NIV) I struggle with a lot of anxiety, so these verses are always really nice to remind me that God always has my back.
    Thanks for sharing. I also like these verses!

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DominaDomino View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was super excited to find a Christian thread! One of my favourite verses is Pslam 46:10: "He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.""
    Hey, Domina! Great to have you here!

Here's a crazy little idea for you about this passage. Hope you like it.

"I will be exalted among the nations" - what exactly qualifies as a Nation? The traditional meaning doesn't so much refer to borders and boundaries, but rather People groups.

Sooo.... could Merfolk count as a "Nation?" If so, He will no doubt be exalted here!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thanks! It's wonderful to be here. I think that's an excellent interpretation of that verse! He certainly will be exalted here indeed!

If everyone here has Facebook, Skype, Discord, etc. we could start up a small chatroom called "The Sunday School" for the small Christian Pod we have going on here! <3

I'll totally set it up if enough people are interested

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    If everyone here has Facebook, Skype, Discord, etc. we could start up a small chatroom called "The Sunday School" for the small Christian Pod we have going on here! <3

I'll totally set it up if enough people are interested
    I have FB and Skype.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have Skype, but wouldn't mind setting up a Discord if it is preferred.

I can join whatever group we wanted to start up (I'm sorry I'm super late to the party- I was gone for a while- but I'm back now and hope to be active in the mer community again?)