Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    I am with steampunkmermaid01 I am game with anything! : )

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Awesome!
    I'll set something up and let all of you guys know when it's finalized <3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Sweet! I'd love to join a discord chat for all of this.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

I am asking all those out there to please pray for my bother.

He is 10 and was playing at the pool on a cloudy day (Friday) where he refused to use sun screen.

He is now badly burned with blisters all over his shoulders, upper arms, and all over his upper back. He can barely wear a shirt and can't lay down to sleep.

We are on our way in vacation. We stopped in Georgia for the night and I am awake with him. My mom is at home with everyone praying, I am praying, and even if the answer or a miracle doesn't happen, I need peace and know that my brother can get some sleep.

It hurts that I can't give him relief. I don't understand why this is happening, but I know there is a reason.

Thanks to all those praying.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'm sorry. I hope he was able to get some sleep and he heals from those burns.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I'm sorry. I hope he was able to get some sleep and he heals from those burns.
    He fell asleep standing up in a door frame and then fell in the floor where he was able to sleep for about 2 hours. Now the challenge is getting him in the car and 5hrs down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    He fell asleep standing up in a door frame and then fell in the floor where he was able to sleep for about 2 hours. Now the challenge is getting him in the car and 5hrs down the road.

The Walmart here in Florida sells a purple looking Aloe spray. Not the usual green. That one works extremely well on me for a good hour or 2 without pain when I had 2nd degree sunburn years ago. I'm not sure how will it would work on him though.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The Walmart here in Florida sells a purple looking Aloe spray. Not the usual green. That one works extremely well on me for a good hour or 2 without pain when I had 2nd degree sunburn years ago. I'm not sure how will it would work on him though.
    Thanks Slim! We should be stopping at a Walmart to get food for the week. He has some burn cream from the doctor, but I will see if he's willing to try.

Ouch. I hope he gets better soon! I can recall recieving a similar sunburn at a similar age, even in similar circumstances, oddly enough. Get an aloe vera plant or two. You can cut a leave off, and squeeze it straight from the plant. If it's a bit stubborn, you can even use a cheese grater to get the gel off, and liquify it a bit more. Put that on some damp, cool, rags, and that should hopefully help. Don't try to scrub or rub it in though, that'll irritate the burns. Just gently lay it on. That's what my mom did whenever I got sunburnt, and it works really well.

It'll work a lot lot better than processed aloe vera gel from a bottle. It might sting slightly at first, but it's really soothing.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

Quote Originally Posted by Takahao View Post
    Ouch. I hope he gets better soon! I can recall recieving a similar sunburn at a similar age, even in similar circumstances, oddly enough. Get an aloe vera plant or two. You can cut a leave off, and squeeze it straight from the plant. If it's a bit stubborn, you can even use a cheese grater to get the gel off, and liquify it a bit more. Put that on some damp, cool, rags, and that should hopefully help. Don't try to scrub or rub it in though, that'll irritate the burns. Just gently lay it on. That's what my mom did whenever I got sunburnt, and it works really well.

It'll work a lot lot better than processed aloe vera gel from a bottle. It might sting slightly at first, but it's really soothing.
    Thanks for the advice!

I have a praise report that all his blisters are gone and brought tremendous relief! It happened almost over night!

Now he just has to get over some itching, but he still won't let us touch his back. He barely got in the shower last night (he hadn't bathed in 6 days) because he was terrified it was going to hurt; however, once he did he was perfectly fine.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a praise report that all his blisters are gone and brought tremendous relief! It happened almost over night!

Now he just has to get over some itching, but he still won't let us touch his back. He barely got in the shower last night (he hadn't bathed in 6 days) because he was terrified it was going to hurt; however, once he did he was perfectly fine.

Thank goodness! I've never had a second-degree sunburn; I can't imagine how bad it must be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm glad to hear that he's getting better! I'll pray that the itching as well as any discomfort he's feeling will get better soon.

Sent from my SM-T310 using MerNetwork mobile app
    ​Formerly known as "DominaDomino"

Thanks guys! He's handled it extremely well for his age. And he keeps getting better. He was able to get in the ocean today up to just below his stomach. I am very that he is able to enjoy the last few days in Florida.

Awesome. Glad he recovered in time.

Thanks guys! He's handled it extremely well for his age. And he keeps getting better. He was able to get in the ocean today up to just below his stomach. I am very that he is able to enjoy the last few days in Florida.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Praise the Lord! I'm glad your brother recieved God's healing blessing, Mermaid Izzy <3
    Let him know that all of us merfolk are praying for him and love him dearly!

Hopefully he'll use sunscreen next time :P
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Praise the Lord! I'm glad your brother recieved God's healing blessing, Mermaid Izzy <3
    Let him know that all of us merfolk are praying for him and love him dearly!

Hopefully he'll use sunscreen next time :P
    I don't think he'll ever go back in the pool without sunscreen. He wouldn't even go outside to the car, so we could go eat, until my dad put sunscreen on him.

And I will let him know!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Glad he's doing so much better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    Glad he's doing so much better!!!
    He said thank you!

Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Bree's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Bree on Facebook
    FYI - the dreaded sunburn 'hell-itch'. I get it myself, and it can be FIERCE. My science-geek alternate personality did some digging around a while back - what causes it: the itch is from histamine release from the irritated/damaged skin layer. The itch happens because the damaged skin layer separates from the deeper skin tissue, and with that histamine release, is like being bit by a whole flock of killer mosquitos. What has worked for me is liberal use of hydrocortisone 1% creme, and if you can find it, topical lidocaine cream. (It can be found 'over the counter') Also, good old Benadryl. For the sunburn STING, I've heard that vinegar periodically dabbed on helps, as well as good old asprin. The good part is that it DOES eventually go away, usually within 12 hours or so.

How is everyone doing? C:
    The thread fell silent ! :P