Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ordering a Tail from Merrowfins! :Yay:

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    I've only seen the unrestored flukes, I think I like yours a lot more! I'm liking all of his designs, though some of his scale sheets and find look a little rough. Your colors are gorgeous though, I can't wait to see it with all the little details added in.
    yeah the scale and fin sheets could be perfected a bit cause they do come out the mold a bit rough
    but having had my first tail from Fishbutts i can tell you this will be a massive improvement

thank you, I wanted something that was extremely unique to me and also something dark and Matt worked my colorscheme out perfectly, even if it wasn't originally what i wanted exactly, I'm still super excited to see the final product
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    I've only seen the unrestored flukes, I think I like yours a lot more! I'm liking all of his designs, though some of his scale sheets and find look a little rough. Your colors are gorgeous though, I can't wait to see it with all the little details added in.
    I think they're new things for him, I mean Matt. Fins crossed by the time I have enough saved, he has refined his techniques and the tails won't look so noobish.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Ok so Update fishes!

so Matt has been just a darling through the whole process of getting my tail worked out even when i asked for some last minute alterations to make the tail kind of pop.
    there was a issue with a small imperfection in the tail that Matt gave me two options for. either scrap the whole thing and restart the tail or he'd give me a free dorsalfin to cover it. I of course opted for the free dorsal fin.

there was a small period of time where i hadn't heart from Matt but i found out it was because a few people he knew were involved in the Orlando shooting.
    but we talked finally and i told him how sorry i was. Matt was very professional about it and even offered to pay the shipping and handling price for my tail for it taking so long
    so tail has been shipped out and i will be posting pictures as soon as it gets here.

I have been silently lurking in this thread for awhile because I'm interested in ordering from Merrowfins. I hope the tail will look amazing!! I can't wait for pictures

so my tail came in and i love it
    Name:  IMG_20160725_113510.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  865.5 KB

I posted a review but it snot showing up lol
    Last edited by Prince Calypso; 07-25-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Calypso View Post
    so my tail came in and i love it
Views: 376

I posted a review but it snot showing up lol
    It's probably just pending because it hasn't been approved by the admins yet. They had an influx of suspicious reviews a few years ago so now they check to make sure they look legit before they become public (just making sure photos are provided, it's been swam in, numbers check out, it's not just a new user posting a fake positive review to boost a tailmaker's score, etc.

OH Ok so maybe i shouldn't have posted a second one lol
    If the admins read this ignore the first review and approve the second one lol
    I thought i had done something wrong so I did a second one

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    They'll probably be able to figure it out Though I have seen a couple of reviews posted twice so you can maybe PM them and explain what happened.

I posted a review like a week ago and it's not showing up either. I'm not sure what going on. ��

Be patient When I posted my review it took really long, almost a month. It might be that the website works slowly or something, but I'm sure they will appear soon.
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

They're up now! WOW, Vanora, that's spectacular! Neat! So glad you're both happy.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

So My mermaid tail came in this morning.
    It took me a minute to realize what the UPS man was handling me cause I had just woken up and when I did I was omg!!!
Views: 1693

I really do love this tail and Matt was such a sweetheart throughout the entire process, from design to completions.
    He even added a dorsal fin free of charge and paid the shipping in handling for it which was such a big favor because most of my cash is tried up in my wedding right now.
    though the design is not exactly what I originally wanted it grew on me from the moment Matt sent me the concept design
    though I do wish it was a bit more purple but that's not that big of a deal.
    the tail has a few imperfections however.
    The tail is tight lol. not so tight that i can't fit into it but still tight.
    its kinda my fault lol
    I measured for the tail to be tight before knowing that Matt makes his tails to be tight
    so now it double tight lol
    it took me almost 5 minute to get in and out of the tail
    The scales are very rough in some places and there are also small globs of silicone here and there that make sit look like the tail has skin-tags
    Name:  20160725_111006.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  309.1 KB
    Name:  20160725_111154.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  306.9 KB
    Name:  20160725_111220.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  320.5 KB

Another issue is the fluke. Firstly its not asymmetrical. One side looks similar to the flukes from the mermaids in Pirates of The Caribbean, and the other half looks a little like Ariel's fluke lol
    secondly there is a spot on the fluke where it looks like a glob of silicone that was painted came off leaving a black spot.
    Name:  20160725_110947.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  217.6 KB

I also would have preferred a bit more purple in the color scheme for the tail but all and all its still beatiful in it sown way.
    Overall I am extremely Happy with my tail. Yeah it has a few flaws but honestly it just matches its owner lol
    even with its imperfections. I paid around 550$ for a basic silicone tail and I feel like I got exactly what I paid for.
    Alot of the time I feel people order tails that are under 1000 bucks and expect over 100 quality and then get upset over it
    I would happily order from Matt again.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Hey everyone! I believe your review has been posted now but if not, don't forget that you can message me or another mod or admin if we don't approve your review in a timely fashion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk