Thread: June- August 2016 MerFriend Meetups Weekends/Weekdays

Exclamation June- August 2016 MerFriend Meetups Weekends/Weekdays

Keep Updated/ Join for Updates, Info and More: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewYorkMerFriends/

Here's hoping early June is looking amazing for Meetups, considering this weather it may be a while till it warms up.. then again the last time we did a Meetup early may LOL Polar mermaid plunge, I believe we called it

So if your gearing up to come over anytime let me know, we usually do weekends and some weekdays too. Same place as we always have it for the Past 5 years-

Same area as Nathans Famous (Stillwell Avenue), first opening to the beach, by the rocks, As Many of us can testify its better to be there, less rough waves too.

First Meetup Date & Time - TBA

Oh also a few familiar mers from the East coast may be joining us as well.

*Also we can do Non Tail Meetups, like a lunch or something. Its always fun to meet others that have similar interests as you do. I met Spindrift this past year whose super cool. We had Hot Chocolate and Shopped in Michaels lol Hey It was a great time.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I don't live in New York, but I travel a lot so I'll be keeping an eye on this! Sounds like so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by PetLoverSpy View Post
    I don't live in New York, but I travel a lot so I'll be keeping an eye on this! Sounds like so much fun!
    of course I'll also be posting on here as well just in case cause I know some pple are more active on here.

I'm in vermont! I'll keep checking on this thread for details

Oh definitely I'll let you know details the moment we start doing major plans. It's all on seeing who can make it on what day. I try my best to make sure everyone feels welcome. I know it's scary at times especially for newcomers but we instantly try to make you feel like family. We are a very open group, not afraid to talk and have fun. I'm probably the most strangest one of the pod lol..

Hi everyone. I am going to try to be in the Mermaid Parade and Mermaid Meet Up in June since I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to take the train there from Pittsfield Massachusetts to Coney Island New York and back to Pittsfield so that my fiancé can pick me up and bring me home after they are both done.
    If anyone can help me with the price there and back home please let me know as soon as you can here so that I can finally go to my first Mermaid Parade and Mermaid Meet Up and if anyone can meet me at the train station at Coney Island New York please let me know also since it will be just me going on the train and not going with anyone.
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 03-12-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

I'm in Massachusetts, I'll see what I can do. I just got my first silicone tail.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurielTheElementMerfairy View Post
    Hi everyone. I am going to try to be in the Mermaid Parade and Mermaid Meet Up in June since I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to take the train there from Pittsfield Massachusetts to Coney Island New York and back to Pittsfield so that my fiancé can pick me up and bring me home after they are both done.
    If anyone can help me with the price there and back home please let me know as soon as you can here so that I can finally go to my first Mermaid Parade and Mermaid Meet Up and if anyone can meet me at the train station at Coney Island New York please let me know also since it will be just me going on the train and not going with anyone.
    Which railroad is in your area? Once you know that, you should be able to go on their website to see time tables and ticket fares As far as meeting up at the beach goes, we generally exchange phone number and text each other back and forth while we locate each other. Sometimes a group of us will meet up at Grand Central and head over to the parade together. Some of us drive and then meet up at the beach (and then spend forty five minutes looking for mermaids that are literally the next blanket over, I still can't believe that happened.)

Mermaid Theta, Hi there. The train that I might be going on is the one that's in Pittsfield Massachusetts since I don't know what it is called and since I have never used it and since me and my fiancé are in Adams and we have to travel by car to get to the train station in Pittsfield and then I have to take the train from Pittsfield to Coney Island and then when the parade and meet up is done I have to take the train back to Pittsfield so that I can have my fiancé come pick me up and bring me home after I call him when they are both done.
    If I can make it to both, I would love to have someone's number that is going also so that I can keep in touch with them so that I know where to find everyone at like how you said above since I maybe be going by myself.

Tauriel The Element Merfairy
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 04-06-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Some of us drive and then meet up at the beach (and then spend forty five minutes looking for mermaids that are literally the next blanket over, I still can't believe that happened.)
    Hahaha Oh My God I completely forgot about this, we were literally what 5-10 feet from each other, looking for each other Im like wait.. (notices tail and people gathering) Theta!!! lol Next time we shall find a way to get each other's attention or invest in walkie talkies

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mermaid View Post
    Hahaha Oh My God I completely forgot about this, we were literally what 5-10 feet from each other, looking for each other Im like wait.. (notices tail and people gathering) Theta!!! lol Next time we shall find a way to get each other's attention or invest in walkie talkies
    Dude I'm so going to mail you a walkie talkie and then find you at the damn beach. That was ridiculous LOL!!!

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurielTheElementMerfairy View Post
    Mermaid Theta, Hi there. The train that I might be going on is the one that's in Pittsfield Massachusetts since I don't know what it is called and since I have never used it and since me and my fiancé are in Adams and we have to travel by car to get to the train station in Pittsfield and then I have to take the train from Pittsfield to Coney Island and then when the parade and meet up is done I have to take the train back to Pittsfield so that I can have my fiancé come pick me up and bring me home after I call him when they are both done.
    If I can make it to both, I would love to have someone's number that is going also so that I can keep in touch with them so that I know where to find everyone at like how you said above since I maybe be going by myself.

When we get closer to the actual date we'll set up a number exchange

Hi there Mermaid Theta. Just so you know that I am not going to be taking a train there since there isn't a train leaving Pittsfield Massachusetts to Coney Island and back since I already asked them about it.
    We even tried calling for a cab company to take me there and back but it costs also of money just to travel there and back home and we called a lot of places and they all said pretty much the same thing.
    But the good news is that I might be going with Mermaid Mandi and we are both going to be in the parade and be at the meetup and it is both of us first time going to both the Mermaid Parade and Mermaid Meetup.
    But we still would like someone to meet up with someone so that we know where we have to go to and since I'm going to be register in person since it is cheaper in person than it is online.
    Just to let you know that I'm always on Facebook if you wanna chat about it and keep in touch about both and give each other phone numbers when we need to and when the day gets closer.
    Please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above either here or on Facebook if that's ok with you.

Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 04-28-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Ive been a busy mer lately and I apologize for that, If you plan on coming please let us know. We have a good group of merpeople coming in including one from across the pod and I have someone coming from the Daily News to see what merlife is like as well. This is quite exciting for sure. I cant wait to see everyone again

Do we have an official date?

Merpeople the water's warming up, lets get our fins wet.

June 18th from 11am-3pm on coney island, StillWell Ave area, by the rocks.

July is TBA

Okay So July 24th from 11am- 4pm we are doing a meetup at coney island at stillwell.
    August is TBA,

And im working on a meet up so Spindrift, Pearlie and a few others can join up. And again every one is more than welcome to come on over, and join us. I love meeting new mers and making friends. If anything I can do weekday meet ups as well, Just let me know if you plan to come by. I know there are alot of mers that want to come through, So please dont hesitate. We are a buch of cool mers in cool water (lol that water was 66 degrees the other day)

but de-fin-itely come hang out, we shall chat and get to know each other, swim and photos too. im pretty easy going lol