Thread: NQ Merpod meet up (with pics)

NQ Merpod meet up (with pics)

A few weeks ago some of the North Queensland mers got together for our first pod swim. We picked a natural location that's normally clear and deep so we'd be able to do a combination of above water and below water shots. The weather thought it would put a small glitch in that plan raining hard for several days before and causing the creek to swell and be dirty with stuff washing down stream. That didn't deter us though (the rain is welcome here!) and we swam, frolicked and took some above water photos.
    Here they are, the mermaids featured are all on MN, from left to right below we have Nixe the Tropical Mermaid, Mermaid Kait, Reef Fish and Mermaid Sarina.
    Name:  IMG_9486-Edit.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  390.4 KB

Mermaid Kait and Mermaid Nixe
    Name:  IMG_9477-Edit.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  442.3 KB

Mermaid Nixe, Mermaid Kait and Mermaid Sarina
    Name:  IMG_9466-Edit.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  441.5 KB

Mermaid Kait
    Name:  IMG_9459-Edit.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  421.9 KB

Mermaid Kait also went ahead and put together a little video from the meetup

Hopefully we'll be getting together again soon for some in water shooting fun

Thats crystal creek isn't it?

if you guys wouldn't mind another mer popping in next time I'd love to meet some more QLD Mers! Seems to be everyone's a bit far from me!

Hi MermaidRainne, Yes that's big Crystal Creek. Your profile says you're from Mackay. Do you come to Townsville often? We can and do also meet up in one of the local pools from time to time.

We come up there infrequently but at least once a year. I love the reefs at Maggie and I have friends from uni that still live there

Ok cool. Next time we organise something will let you know. We're also on the Merfolk Pod of Oceania Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    This was so much fun. Can't wait to do it again
    Mermaid Kait

I need to live further north!
    Sapphire Mermaid x

It was a Friday morn when we set sail
    And we were not far from the land
    When our captain, he spied a fishy mermaid
    With a comb and a glass in her hand