Thread: Revamping the Chesapeake Pod!

Revamping the Chesapeake Pod!

K so this pod is literally dead and its breaking my heart because I have literally no one in my area to swim with or do mermaidy stuff with.

So I say we revamp this thing! We need more members who are active and we need to start having meet ups and stuff like that.

anyone interested in revamping our Pod?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    We do have our Triad Merfolk groups down in Greensboro, NC. The pool has been busy with meets since NC Mer-Mania, though, so it's been difficult to coordinate a group swim.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

I'm down! Not sure what needs to be done. But let's discuss our options and either reach members on a preferred platform or post regularly and make sure everyone contributes to the forum. Let's start with a get to know each other get together, and I encourage everyone to download tapatalk and subscribe to our forum so you can get alerts and access the network easier from your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hi, I'd like to help plan a regular meet up. You guys seem to be mostly in Virginia, I'm in baltimore/DC area but could make a trip down.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Sounds good. We have done meet ups before at pony pasture in richmond also there is a massive aquatic center on the south side of richmond. We do a lot of mermaid mondays in the summer at lake phoenix as well. You are welcome to join us most of us arent on mernetwork or we dont post much. Facebook is usually the best way of contact.

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

yay this is awesome! and I am like a 10 min drive from Pony Pasture so let me know when there will be meetups there. I think we should start a get to know each other thread where we can post a bit about ourselves and get to know each other that way. Are most of us located in VA/Richmond or the DC/Metro area? and where is lake phoenix?

I'm more metro area. So we can also host meetups here. There's this great 13ft deep pool I'm going to check out for meetups sometime this week. It's perfect because you can pay a small fee for the day.

I. Need. A. Car. 🐠

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I need my license and a car -.-

If any of you are near me. I'll drive you to wherever the meetup will be

Where in VA are you located? Im in the Richmond area

Hi! I'm in the South Jersey area, about an hour to an hour and a half away from the Jersey Shore! Is there anyone else in my area who wants to do meetups? Seems hard to find mermaid meetup groups in my area. Been really wanting to do meetups for a while now, but it seems like they're all so far away from me.

I'm in NoVA, near Winchester. Anyone else nearby? I'd love to have someone to share my mermaid life with
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Yay, more pod activity!

Serena, I'm in Southeast Pennsylvania, about 40 minutes from Philadelphia and about the same from Wilmington Delaware. I have family in Southern NJ, so I might be close-ish to you.

Any mers in the Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware, Southern NJ areas it'd be great to meet up. Maybe hit the Adventure Aquarium?

My bfs family lives right on the Maryland/Delaware border near Newark. We visit a lot though we are in Central PA right now and moving to the Maryland side of the DC metro area in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    Yay, more pod activity!

Serena, I'm in Southeast Pennsylvania, about 40 minutes from Philadelphia and about the same from Wilmington Delaware. I have family in Southern NJ, so I might be close-ish to you.

Any mers in the Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware, Southern NJ areas it'd be great to meet up. Maybe hit the Adventure Aquarium?
    I'm right outside of Philly, PA side of the Trenton border!!!!