Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting a Massive Texas Meet!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook

Starting a Massive Texas Meet!

Big news, everyone! We're starting a large Texas Meet-Up soon! Let's call it the Lone Star Mer Meet!

So for the LSMM, we're hoping to aim for the Austin area because it's right smack dab in the middle of our lovely Lone Star state and so therefore would be easily accessible - it also would allow for lots of watering holes and a few great rec centers to choose from! If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know!

P. S. We will make sure that the date(s) of our meet will NOT collide with other large meets!
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 03-20-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Member Pod of Texas MerDragon Arie's Avatar
    Add MerDragon Arie on Facebook
    Austin has tons of awesome places to visit! Here is a list of a few of them! https://www.realtyaustin.com/austin-swimming-holes.php
    Looking forward to a HUGE meet up!!

Ah so excited! Me and my mermate would love an Austin meet up. We haven't met any other mers in the area, which is strange since we're all supposed to be so weird here in the Capitol. XD

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    You should look up Sirenalia in Austin! I think her user name here is Firemermaid!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    We had the 2014 state mermaid meet at Krause Springs. We were also going to do Hamilton pool or whatever it is, but it was flooded or something. Krause Springs was very cold that year, but our little meet had fun anyway and got a lot of attention there.

Krause springs is gorgeous! The little grotto there would make for some amazing photos, though the water can be kinda murky. Makes swimming underwater a little difficult, but there's also a little spring-fed pool area of that bothers some mers.

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    Woot I already posted on facebook but Im super excited! I missed out on mermaid stuff last year because I was buying a house/moving..but not this year! I cant wait to meet some texas mers finaly!
    ~Mermaid AshesLaree~
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
    facebook
    instagram

Junior Member Pod of Texas CelestiaCrystal's Avatar
    Ouch. I would love to meet other mers. I am in East TX and only starting to drive I have been to Austin before though. Maybe some other time.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    I'd be in also! Just relocated and would love to meet some of the Texas Pod.

The Official LSMM Logo! Click on it to find out where you can purchase t-shirts with it printed! All different sizes and colors available! Hoping to find a more affordable outlet for them soon since the discount expired! I'll keep you all posted!

I would love to! But I just got a job so idk yet!

I'm from Oklahoma City, but I'd be really interested in making the trek down there to meet a bunch of Mers~

The LSMM is officially underway!

*I blocked off 15 rooms, each of which can accommodate up to 3 people, in the Hilton Inn & Suites Downtown Austin Convention Center for Friday, July 15th through Sunday, July 17th. There is a pool in the hotel, but I also hope to bring a couple of talented photog friends with me on the trip and head to some more scenic places around Austin with whomever wants to get pro photos for their mermaiding business!

*The price of the hotel is $189 per night, but everyone is encouraged to share costs because they're larger rooms! They'll be charging my card at the end of the stay, so you can each give payment to me. There is no entry fee, only the cost of your room.

*Etsy sellers and artists, please bring items you'd like to display to advertise your businesses as well!

***I need your RSVP BEFORE June 24th to ensure you get a spot! We currently have slots for up to 45 mers to stay at the hotel, which is a lot! I have until that date to change the number of rooms necessary for the meet! I can get either more or fewer rooms by that point. Everyone is welcome! You also will need to message me with your full name as it appears on your ID so that I can forward all of our names to the hotel.***

***The reservation is under "Lone Star Mer Meet."***

*I'm going to attempt to get in touch with some watering holes around Austin to prepare for our arrival! If we can reserve them, too, we will!

*If anyone would like to be a guest speaker, that would be fantastic! Let me know and I can either get an additional convention room for you or we can have a casual conference in the pool area.

This meet is going to be fun and pretty casual! I hope to see you all there!

I'll be making the official event and inviting our pod! It'll be public so anyone can get an invite! I just need your solid RSVP before June 24th!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for games and events, please feel free to message me!!!

Love,
    Lotus <3

If I can only come on Sunday and so won't need a hotel is there a fee to attend?
    Mermaid Enora

There's no entry fee!

Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Now I really want to go, but I may or may not be up in Virginia then!
    Swamp fish noises intensify

You're welcome to join if you can! Everyone's welcome, whether Texan or not! ^-^

Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I live in Houston, I just might be up north visiting my aunt and uncle.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pickles View Post
    I live in Houston, I just might be up north visiting my aunt and uncle.
    Oh yes, I remember! I just thought I should mention that for any non-Texan mers as well. Haha