Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: NC Mermania 2017

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Congrats, Whisper! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet.

I can't WAIT for my monofin to come in. Amazon said some time between Feb 7 and March 8...

I defFinitly had a shelltastic time!! First time ever that I left a convention with blisters on my feet from swimmin! That's awesome! Met so many new faces and finally swam with many familiar mers I already knew! Thanks again for such a wonderful time 💗🐬💗

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    I had a very interesting and fun time! It was my first time meeting other Mer's, I was a little scared to talk to most of you all, but I did get to talk to merwrangler Sean which was probably the highlight of my Sunday.... I would love to come back next year and have another fintastic time! Maybe I can work up to courage to actually speak…

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

A competitor for $50!? That is amazing! I saw the video of Finis's new mermaid monofins. Did anyone try them out at Mermania? I am guessing they are so new they are not selling them yet?
    I wish I could have been there it looks like it was wonderful!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I really wish I could've gone, but alas, my pockets are empty.

Anyways, I saw a clip from the Mermania instagram page of the MerTailor. What was the topic of his speech? I saw the one minute of it, and it seemed like he's trying to improve products ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    A competitor for $50!? That is amazing! I saw the video of Finis's new mermaid monofins. Did anyone try them out at Mermania? I am guessing they are so new they are not selling them yet?
    It definitely was amazing!

If you're talking about the Luna, I saw a few mers wearing them in the pool for testing (FINIS was so kind!) and they are very flowy, being 100% silicone. Lovely shape, though, much like the SunTails'!

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I tried it out, but I tried the one where the foot pockets were a bit too big. It was still very comfortable and it flowed very well. I really enjoyed it.

They'll start selling them soon, I think. She told me they were there as a trial for feed back before they launched and they hoped to eventually have different colors in each size in the future. They sold two of each size while they were there at a discounted rate ($45 for the small; yellow fading to red, $50 for the large; green fading to blue) and you could also pre-order one for the same price.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Here's a link of the new Finis Monofins. They look so cute!
    http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/emeral...&Task=Products
    Formerly known as ireneho

I had a fintastic time at the convention.
    Sink or Swim

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME TO MERMANIA

The staff are still recovering but we'll have lots of cool images etc to post soon. For now here's some links that people might enjoy!

here's an interview I gave to the radio: http://wgnradio.com/2017/01/21/real-life-mermaids/

we were front page of the local paper Monday morning:

You can read the article here: http://www.greensboro.com/news/local...fa90f9e03.html

Another article: http://www.wxii12.com/article/2nd-an...ention/8627264

Some photos: https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...83315975120559

Here's a livestream of the ball:
    https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...3113088474181/

https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...3109645141192/

300 people in the pool:
    https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...2943005157856/

After hours swim:

https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...2299561888867/

Mixer:
    https://www.facebook.com/ncmermania2...2225735229583/

Here is a link to some of the photos Karsten Shein took while he was scuba-ing around. (more to be added when he has time) the password is: Sirena. Low res (screen size) are free. If you would like high res, the $$ will be donated to "Make a Wish" http://mermaid.zenfolio.com/ncmermania2017

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    [QUOTE=AniaR;270197]THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME TO MERMANIA

The staff are still recovering but we'll have lots of cool images etc to post soon.

Thank YOU for all your hard work! It was a great time!!!

I spent a MAJORITY of the convention at the bottom of the dive well, so I don't think there are many pictures or videos of me at all. If anyone finds any of me, let me know!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    I spent a MAJORITY of the convention at the bottom of the dive well, so I don't think there are many pictures or videos of me at all. If anyone finds any of me, let me know!
    There's one of you at the bottom that is in Karsten's gallery!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Aria and Celeste - I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet! I certainly hope next year I'll be spending most of my time there at the bottom of the well!

Wish I could have spent more time at the bottom! Was pretty glued to my vendors booth but had a great time meeting and making mermaids! This was my first time running a booth and while a lot of work, it was so rewarding to see people wearing their new swimmable treasures all weekend!

If anyone still wants goodies you can use the coupon code MISSMERMAIDUSA17 for 20% off Magictail.net and 10% off my Etsy store at hamptonsmermaid.com

Haven't been active on Mernetwork in months but now I'm newly inspired to connect with all the new friends I made! Yay!
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

NC Mermania 2017

I've looked through every gallery, the fan page, even the group photo, and I'm not in any of them I felt really outcasted at the event since I wasn't a model and wasn't too graceful but man, I tried. It was fun to meet everyone, though. Jon and Pearlie, I'm sad I didn't meet you! One day! Ah!

ETA: Just made the connection, I DID meet you, Jon! Yay! I've always wanted to!

Last edited by Mermaid Whisper; 01-26-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    I've looked through every gallery, the fan page, even the group photo, and I'm not in any of them I felt really outcasted at the event since I wasn't a model and wasn't too graceful but man, I tried. It was fun to meet everyone, though. Jon and Pearlie, I'm sad I didn't meet you! One day! Ah!

Photos had nothing to do with being models or looking a certain way. There were 10 media groups there and I am sure my documentary crew got you don't feel outcasted, I literally didnt get to do anything or be in anything because I was running it! Barely got to be in my tail.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Photos had nothing to do with being models or looking a certain way. There were 10 media groups there and I am sure my documentary crew got you don't feel outcasted, I literally didnt get to do anything or be in anything because I was running it! Barely got to be in my tail.
    Nah, it wasn't the model thing I was concerned about for the photos, I'm just literally not in any of them. Lol. The gigantic group photo that's the cover on the Facebook event page, this is funny, the photo cuts off the top half of my body all the way at the left but barely gets the shadow of my (then pink) tail. It got the girl next to me so close, yet so far!

I was right next to you and Alex in your tails but I am a mer peasant and was not cool enough I'm kidding!

I just haven't got my fin in the door in terms of my mermaid business due to my physique and my identity (being NB). I really wanted your book, Raina, but I didn't know if you were selling them at the event. I saw some copies, but no one was around, and I didn't know what to do 🤷🏻*♀️ one day I'll get that book!

My two friends that came along were right next to you guys in the group photo, one had a rainbow ragged-fin tail with dots on it and one had long dark hair and a pastel pink and purple tail. I would've been able to get in the photo if I had the strength to pull myself out of the water. By the time I came back from the stairs, someone had my spot

It was so amazing there with you all, though, even if no one recognized me after all these years I knew all of you, but I couldn't say anything! Gah!

Alex's accent has to be the most endearing thing ever. Lovely.

Laumina the Storm Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post

ETA: Just made the connection, I DID meet you, Jon! Yay! I've always wanted to!

Aw nuts! Same thing happened to me two years ago...I think I saw one pic of me. Keep looking, some may surface.

I'm sorry we didn't connect! That just means we both must attend next year!