Thread: Greetings from a shy Mermaid in NC

Greetings from a shy Mermaid in NC

Hi, my name is Sheba and I have actually known about mer communities for a while, lurked a bit in a few, and then finally worked up the courage to join. I love to costume and find that it really helps me work through my anxiety. I am 25 and live in Greensboro, North Carolina. At this time I do not own a tail but I would like to eventually make one or have one made. I do have a swim fin that I enjoy using though. I have always enjoyed swimming and am looking forward to soon having more access to a place to swim (moving to a new apartment with a pool soon). I am really hoping that I will eventually be able to get or make a tail that is Pterygotus themed, they are one of my favorite ancient sea creatures. I'm a bit shy but I look forward to making more friends and hopefully getting into better shape once I am able to swim more ^-^.

It is ok to have an ancient sea creature themed Mermaid Persona?

Hey, welcome to the Mernetwork! I love the Pterygotus theme, that's really unique and creative! Welcome

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Welcome to MerNetwork! The local Triad Merfolk meet at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. Feel free to look for information about our group swims in the Chesapeake Pod forum. Did you join us for NC Mer-Mania last January?
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Russet View Post
    Hey, welcome to the Mernetwork! I love the Pterygotus theme, that's really unique and creative! Welcome
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Welcome to MerNetwork! The local Triad Merfolk meet at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. Feel free to look for information about our group swims in the Chesapeake Pod forum. Did you join us for NC Mer-Mania last January?
    I had heard rumors that we had Mermaid meets near by but I didn't know they were that close by! I have not been to a meet yet but hopefully I can work up the courage to check one out soonish. Thank you for the awesome info

Quote Originally Posted by Sheba Metaluna View Post
    Thank you for the awesome info
    Any time! If you're on Facebook feel free to look for Triad Merfolk, NC Mer-Mania, or my Merman Dan page. Have you visited the Carolina SciQuarium at the Greensboro Science Center yet? I love that place!

Here's a bit of what you can expect at the Greensboro Aquatic Center:

And here's a video made by one of the attendees at NC Mer-Mania 2016:

A pterygotus, that's awesome!

Welcome to Mernetwork! I am also a shy mer, but I noticed that a lot of the other mers here are pretty nice.

Any time! If you're on Facebook feel free to look for Triad Merfolk, NC Mer-Mania, or my Merman Dan page. Have you visited the Carolina SciQuarium at the Greensboro Science Center yet? I love that place!
    Ok I am freaking out a little bit because I live 10 minutes from the Aquatic center and did not know about any of this, I'm going to be moving soon but will still be about the same distance away. joined the groups and liked your page ^-^

I love that the videos show a really diverse range of body types, that makes me feel a bit less self conscious. I'm also amazed by how friendly and helpful everyone is here

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lied View Post
    A pterygotus, that's awesome!

Welcome to Mernetwork! I am also a shy mer, but I noticed that a lot of the other mers here are pretty nice.
    Hi there fellow shy mer , Everyone seems so friendly this is so great

Welcome! There are quite a few NC mermaids. Hope to meet you soon.

I don't have a tail yet but I look forward to meeting you as well. There seems to be a lot of costuming communities in NC and it is really great

Welcome!
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank you :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sheba Metaluna View Post
    There seems to be a lot of costuming communities in NC and it is really great
    If you know of someone who can outfit a dude who wants to look like mer-faerie, I'm all ears. While I already have my purple sea fan wings, Faerieworlds and FaerieCon East are coming up!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    Hi from the Great Barrier Reef Australia! Welcome cant wait to see your progress!
    Mermaid Kait

Hi and welcome! I grew up in Pinehurst I actually just arrived in NC and will be here for the next 2 weeks. Glad to find the NC mer info so maybe I'll see you soon! I have 2 fabric tails with me, you're welcome to try one!

If you know of someone who can outfit a dude who wants to look like mer-faerie, I'm all ears. While I already have my purple sea fan wings, Faerieworlds and FaerieCon East are coming up!
    Hi Dan thanks for the meet up info. And I just made a special mer-faerie headdress for Raquel's Nyad character to go to the ball! She's a faerie by land and a mermaid by sea! Also made her a sea inspired attachment to cover the back of her wings (and disguise the attachment parts). I'll be doing a lot of creating while I'm in NC so now's a good time for custom orders hamptonsmermaid.etsy.com
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

There is usually a fairy festival in Greensboro during the warm weather but idk where is best to get buy fairy related items. I know where you can get custom things made though, magpiebones (sp?) on Furaffinity and I think on Deviant art too, they do amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kait View Post
    Hi from the Great Barrier Reef Australia! Welcome cant wait to see your progress!
    Thank you so much

I know I'm a little late but welcome! If you ever need a swimming buddy I'm not to far away! I'm working on getting my first tail. It should be here hopefully the end of June

I may be a tad late, but welcome! I struggle with anxiety, too. If you ever need someone to talk to, give a holler!