Thread: July 17th Steamship Cruise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

July 17th Steamship Cruise

Had fun doing this last year, so let's try again this year.

The Steamship Virginia V will be doing her annual cruise to Bainbridge Island on Sunday, July 17th.

The Virginia V is a historic steamship built in 1922, and is only remaining steamship from the Puget Sound Mosquito Fleet. This cruise will start at South Lake Union and travel through the Ballard Locks to Eagle Harbor, a gorgeous ride especially in the summer.

Schedule:

9:00 am- Boarding begins on the Virginia V. (South Lake Union Park behind MOHAI)

9:30am- the Virginia V departs for Bainbridge.

Noon- Arrival at Eagle Harbor.

12:30- Lunch (most likely, we'll just walk up to the grocery store and get something from the deli.)

1:00 pm- Swimming! (Last year, we went to Fort Ward park. I'm open for other suggestions, though! We will probably take a taxi, bring some cash)

5:30pm- Dinner in Winslow.

6:30pm- Board the Virginia V to return to Seattle.

9:30pm- the Virginia V arrives back at South Lake Union park.

Official website and where to buy tickets HERE Last year, we got the members discount. I'm going to check with my boss to see if we can do that again. Will update with exact ticket price.

UPDATE: Members discount is a go! That means that tickets for the cruise are $20.

For anyone who wants to come swimming but not go on the cruise, the Washington State Ferry also lands at Eagle Harbor. You can also choose to only ride the Virginia V one way and take the ferry the other.

Facebook Event is Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1170969069603278/
    Last edited by Triton-Mahtlinnie; 04-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.