Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On Stranger Tides Mermaid Tail

My guess is Original Syrena Tail?

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

I keep hoping against hope that Phillip becomes a merman... we know that Syrena is different from the other mermaids in some fashion, and that she was drawn to help Phillip the same way he was drawn to care for her. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    I keep hoping against hope that Phillip becomes a merman... we know that Syrena is different from the other mermaids in some fashion, and that she was drawn to help Phillip the same way he was drawn to care for her. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I think that'd be a nice ending to their story too. Maybe their children begin a new race of gentler mer.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Melbourne Mermaid's Avatar
    On Stranger Tides is right

Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush have said previously they're good to sign on for another Pirates of the Caribbean movie, but no script or date yet. I'm hoping they write and start filming next year.

I really liked the whole mermaid story in it, but felt there wasn't enough of it. Especially not enough for me to be sold on there love.
    Felt a little like they skimmed over that part and put more focus on Blackbeards zombie-Pirates. One superneatural species at a time guys.

Hoping th mermaids will be a major focus part of the next one

Ask and yea shall receive...

screencaps for an underwater 'mermaid hair' test (you can see each fin here):
    Name:  m3.JPG
Views: 12306
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  m4.JPG
Views: 10632
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  m6.JPG
Views: 9449
Size:  16.4 KB

Concept of Syrena falling from broken water tank in the jungle:
    Name:  2012-04-14_00-51-09_371.jpg
Views: 26224
Size:  196.1 KB

Progress images of Syrena in the tank detail added on in each additional image (you can see the shape and color of the tail, and more detail of the side and shin fins):
    Name:  cap1.JPG
Views: 11190
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  cap2.JPG
Views: 8616
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  cap3.JPG
Views: 36567
Size:  35.3 KB

Also keep in mind I did a special post on the fins and their placement along the tail (post #10 on this thread).

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Also here's a gif I made of one of the swimming mermaid models too.

Notice how she swims pretty much like a normal person doing a dolphin kick, until you get to the knees. lol Then it's like rubber. Cool to watch tho. Enjoy!

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

Thank you for posting these.

Have any more of the silicone dead on the beach mermaid?

What programs did you use to make the scenes?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I can tell you right now, you want to order a custom monofin from Mermaid Victoria.
    She recently designed a monofin that is the same shape as the ost mers.
    see?
    Name:  535412_387470844663182_197708134_n.jpg
Views: 8442
Size:  146.8 KB
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by lasserine View Post
    Thank you for posting these.

Have any more of the silicone dead on the beach mermaid?

What programs did you use to make the scenes?
    For sure! Here ya go!

Name:  mersfx1.JPG
Views: 10316
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  mersfx2.JPG
Views: 8803
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  mersfx3.JPG
Views: 8375
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  mersfx4.JPG
Views: 10395
Size:  113.4 KB

Name:  mermaidcorpse1.JPG
Views: 10561
Size:  238.9 KB

Name:  mermaidcorpse2.JPG
Views: 10078
Size:  241.3 KB

And I only made the gif of the swimming mermaid from stills of the actual thing. But everything I've posted so far has either been stills from the movie or different parts of the special features from the movie. I have not made anything. All the pictures in my previous posts are official preproduction stills, screencaps, or photos of the movie set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    I can tell you right now, you want to order a custom monofin from Mermaid Victoria.
    She recently designed a monofin that is the same shape as the ost mers.

WHAT?! I didn't know she was still making them!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    ^ Yes! Mermaid Vicky is still making them! You should swim over to her facebook page and check it out, it looks great! And that silicon dead mermaid is very neat
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    OMG AQUATARIAN you fucking rule!!!! I haven't check on this thread in a while and you just gave me everything i had been looking for when i started wanting a tail like this. I've already got my tail from fishbuts but now i am thinking about canceling the design for the new tail i was gonna order in place of one based souly on everything you just posted. YOU FUCKING ROCK!!!!!
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Name:  monofin.jpg
Views: 7973
Size:  160.0 KB

This is a POTC Stranger Tides inspired monofin. I have spent 5 years experimenting and perfecting these monofins. Check out the descriptions and

WATCH THE VIDEOS to see the monofin demonstration-links below!

ETSY DESCRIPTION:
    Each and every Custom Mermaid Fin is hand made. The fin itself is constructed of a flexible, durable plastic material that retains its shape and flexibility. The boots are covered with black neoprene (wetsuit material) to hide their shape from being seen under the mermaid tail outfit. The fin is also resistant to pool chemicals, as well as sea water. It provides excellent propulsion, while achieving the aesthetics that are essential for a realistic a mermaid tail.
    My YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/vickylynne

POTC Sirena mermaid monofin:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZ1...9f1yZQ_cLse9NA

ETSY PAGE
    -Sirena monofin
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomMonofins

I'm now selling these "Sirena" styled Custom Monofins (you can tell where I got the inspiration for the fin's design & name thanks POTC!) Follow my ETSY page, where I sell the monofins: ETSY: CustomMonofins https://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomMonofins

Each, and every Mermaid Fin is custom ordered by you, the client, to fill your specific needs.

So what makes these mermaid fins so special?

Unlike other commercial “monofins” on the market that are used for competitive swimming or form training; these Custom Mermaid Fins have been specifically developed to achieve the look and feel of a mermaid tail.

Each and every Custom Mermaid Fin is hand made. The fin itself is constructed of a flexible, durable plastic material that retains its shape and flexibility. The boots are covered with black neoprene (wetsuit material) to hide their shape from being seen under the mermaid tail outfit. The fin is also resistant to pool chemicals, as well as sea water. It provides excellent propulsion, while achieving the aesthetics that are essential for a realistic a mermaid tail.
    You're currently looking at the Sirena design.

The Sirena Mermaid Fin features elongated flukes and scalloped inner edges. It has been designed to act as an extension of your body.

This mermaid fin measures approximately 27 inches wide, by 32 inches tall.

Name:  monofin.jpg
Views: 7994
Size:  160.0 KB

Name:  Syrena tail double 2.png
Views: 7937
Size:  261.8 KB
    Syrena's Fluke
    And the other Mermaids' Fluke
    Name:  Tails.PNG
Views: 9124
Size:  811.2 KB
    It seems that Syrena's Fluke has a slight difference than the Flukes of the other Mermaids like the evil mermaids... LOL!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I always thought Syrena was the mermaid queen and she took him so that she could have a human minion. Or Mermaid Queen and her living dinner, just like vampires that keep slaves to feed on.

Or breed human merfish to live on land and capture humans to bring them down to the colony to feed.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarian View Post
    For sure! Here ya go!

Name:  mersfx1.JPG
Views: 10316
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  mersfx2.JPG
Views: 8803
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  mersfx3.JPG
Views: 8375
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  mersfx4.JPG
Views: 10395
Size:  113.4 KB

Name:  mermaidcorpse1.JPG
Views: 10561
Size:  238.9 KB

Name:  mermaidcorpse2.JPG
Views: 10078
Size:  241.3 KB

And I only made the gif of the swimming mermaid from stills of the actual thing. But everything I've posted so far has either been stills from the movie or different parts of the special features from the movie. I have not made anything. All the pictures in my previous posts are official preproduction stills, screencaps, or photos of the movie set.

WHAT?! I didn't know she was still making them!
    Not to be rude, but when I first saw those images I thought her hair was made out of giant Linguine Noodles.... hahaha

Found this thread through google images while looking up reference photos for a Syrena tail of my own. I'm hoping to make it over the summer. Did anyone have any success creating theirs?

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales
    Etsy | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarian View Post
    I've decided to do a similar thing here, as I have done with the thread talking about the mers from Harry Potter. :P More concept art weee! lol Of course I don't own them. Just sharing what I've found whilst on my journey through the internet.

Attachment 8309

Attachment 8310

Attachment 8311

Attachment 8312

Attachment 8313

Attachment 8314

Attachment 8315

Give me a heads up if anyone wants more.
    Im gonna have nightmares for a week. It cannot be unseen.

Add Jonny on Facebook
    Oh god after seeing this thread I really want to have one, guess its going to be a fun summer!
    "I am not a common gold fish, I cannot ignore the call of the sea"
    "Well the call of the common bathtub is just gonna have to do"
    ~Charmed

Snapchat = jontz_l - pop up & say hey