Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official DFW Meets!

I'm gonna try to go!

Amapele's Shellphone

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Great meet, everyone! It was great chatting it up with Mary Marine and rebby! I wish I could have caught up with everyone, but maybe another time!
    In the meantime, who's going to the meet at Lake Lewisville tomorrow at 11am?

I'd like to get at least something of a headcount because it's an open meet and can be a bit more difficult to congregate.
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 06-25-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Meeee! If anyone needs my number like message me on fb or here. Could we maybe pick a certain parking lot for everyone to park at to make it easier to find people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I had a lot of fun today, it was great to meet some more mers! Next month I'll try to make the lake meet. Everyone drink lots of water, reapply sunscreen, and stay safe tomorrow!

BTW Lotus, the chlorine removal shampoo I use is called UltraSwim.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

@rebby: It'll be at Little Elm beach! Hopefully, it won't be too difficult to find each other! I don't know enough about the area to suggest a specific rendezvous point. :'>

@Mary: Yes!! It was great talking with you!! That's all good advice!
    Awesome! I'll have to pick up a bottle! Thanks so much!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    God the meet at the pool was fun but the cholrine destroyed me. I enjoyed seeing Rebby but we (me, Beta and Koi)ended up leaving at 3 cuz we had gotten there at noon. Poor seahorsey (actually not a horse- i r donkey) can't handle the pool without headaches and other crap from the chemicals.

This weekend is the big Austin meet!
    We'll still have our meets at the end of the month! I'll keep you guys posted!

Hello everyone! Long time, no swim! I was wondering if there was any news for the August meet? I'll be headed to Atlanta for my first year at Dragon Con, but it would be nice to hanging out with locals before.

Also, who do I contact about joining the Facebook group? Or is it okay to just request to join?

Ayyy, summer is coming up and I just ordered fabric for a new tail. Can we get this going again? Why did it die? *sad donkey face*

I know Rayne hosts in Denton one Sunday a month and Moira in Plano on Sunday evenings as well, though I'm not sure her schedule. Sundays don't work for me, most of the time, but a weekday evening would! And I've got a pool in Grand Prairie we can use, though I'm willing to travel.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Laura, is there a link for their meets, or more info?

I am still free only on weekends, day is no prob for me. I am working on getting some stuff going for me and some other mers.

Not a link so much as Facebook. Mermaids of Denton and Moira Dobbs. Post here and find folks on Facebook (Pod of Texas). June 10 is a big mermaid party with Elizabeth Swims in Plano.
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Hey guys I just moved to North Dallas from Southern California and would love to meet up!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Hey guys I just moved to North Dallas from Southern California and would love to meet up!
    Hey another fellow Cali to Texas mer we were figuring out a swim meet up for this weekend in the dfw area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    snazzy!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

I'm gonna throw it around with my other merpals (*chomps down on Rebby's tail*) and talk a lake meet. We are all ready to go swimming in some real water. Joe Pool Lake should be good this year since we haven't been flooded like the last two. This is my May idea...it'll be warm, before summer rush, and decent temp water...(but colder water is a huuuge bonus for me).

We need to navigate a "dry" meet too. Maybe a little Starbucks meet just to meet up and re-meet everyone after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    Not a link so much as Facebook. Mermaids of Denton and Moira Dobbs. Post here and find folks on Facebook (Pod of Texas). June 10 is a big mermaid party with Elizabeth Swims in Plano.
    I figured FB was my option but I am not on there much. June 10 I will be in Missouri on a personal mermaid adventure-weekend. I also have no clue who Eluzabeth Swims is.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 04-19-2017 at 07:02 AM.

I'm off to the gym, but here's the link to that Texas pool meet with Elizabeth. She's a darling little girl to watch and I hope seeing all the different merfolks keeps her motivated!

Sadly, my sequin tail might not be ready by then. But, I'll keep trying!

http://www.visitplano.com/event/merm...ty-texas-pool/

Elizabeth Swims is a You Tube channel. You might remember a couple years ago the viral video of the babies swimming before they could walk? That was her and her brother, taught by their mom. The MerFriends are co-sponsors of the mermaid pool party and will be teaching the mermaid class as well as having tails available to rent for the event if someone needs one.
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

I see. Looks interesting and fun for other mers!!!! Not sure if that big of a scene is my thimg, but I won't be in the state then anyway

Would anyone want to give Joe Pool Lake a whirl with me and some other mers this may, if we get a warm and not crappy weekemd?