Thread: "realistic"-looking webbed hands

"realistic"-looking webbed hands

So I want to use webbed gloves to swim faster and look more fish-like, but I can't figure out how to make them look as if they're part of me and not just silicone. If you can't picture that, imagine Harry Potter after eating gillyweed in the fourth book/movie. I added a picture:
    Name:  harry webbed hands.jpg
Views: 3151
Size:  37.4 KB
    I've found plenty of tutorials online for "realistic" webbed gloves, but those are for above-water cosplay and would not help me swim.
    So does anyone have any suggestions on either making purchased gloves look better or making my own?
    Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YIT3MP4?pc_redir=T1

These guys are a popular choice. I know Raina wears them, you can see her swim in them in a few of her videos and the big front photo on her YouTube has a really good picture of them in the water. You can find more colors, but there are only a handful. I had to SEARCH to find the orange pair I want. They are very inexpensive though! They aren't full gloves obviously but they are the least noticeable option in my opinion.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I second the clear silicone Koi linked to. I have known about them for maybe 4 or so yrs and have heard nothing but good things about them.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I dont find they actually make you faster, but they help me use my arms less when doing back flips. They photograph well too

Fun fact: the ones used in the Harry Potter film was just plain old pantyhose. I remember watching a video of the actors laughing about teasing him.
    My heart is pierced by cupid
    I disdain all glittering gold
    there's nothing can console me
    but my jolly sailor bold
    ~*Some Sort Of Siren of the Stairwell*~

Webbed hands are also pretty easy to make. These are mine

Name:  gloves small.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  331.2 KB

Obviously, they come a good way up my arm and have scales/wrist fins like bracers, but it should also be possible to make them like short gloves. I just sewed a fabric webbed glove out of spandex, then used a paintbrush to brush latex over that and then painted the pattern on. (Do not paint the spandex beforehand). It should probably work just as easily with silicone, latex just happens to be what I had on hand.