Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signature Problems!?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Thanks!

ok so i'm stealing this thread. i cant upload photos onto my signature help?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Signature Problems!?

I don't think you can unless it's really small- and by small I mean in file size not pixel size. I've seen a 15 x 15 pixel image be 5 megs before.

Or if you don't want to mess with it, do what everyone else does and use an image host to host your photo. Photobucket, image shack, and Tumblr are popular. If you have a large sized (in file size) Image shack is the best as the files can be multiple gigs on that host. Just be sure to use the direct link when putting it in your signature or it won't work.

Just remember that the image has to be no larger than 175 x 500 pixels!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    You need to use an image code. Get the URL of the image you want, and put [IMG] [/IMG*] around it (without the asterisk). I use imgur to upload files I want from my computer

I tried imgur but it rejected me ;_;
    The SeaGlass Siren

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I can't get the signature to show either.

I've used the direct link, the URL Emma posted, the picture itself, etc.
    It shows up in the preview just fine, but in the post itself it's a blank.

Edit: nvm, it does show. was expecting to see it retroactively.

No problem! It's a touch to big though (240px high instead of 175). In the signature restrictions thread there's a site where you can crop and resize it

Since you didn't have a signature before, the "show signature" on your posts weren't checked, so when you posted it was without a signature- which is why it isn't showing up. But if you were to change your signature again, it would make it so all past posts that you posted with your current one would have the new signature content. Hope that makes sense

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    But if you were to change your signature again, it would make it so all past posts that you posted with your current one would have the new signature content. Hope that makes sense
    hm...I changed it several times, but it won't show up retroactively.
    (not that it's such a problem)
    I resized it anyways.

I didn't explain myself very well :P I'm saying that all the posts you'll make from here on out will have your signature (unless you change it). Therefore, if you change your signature content it will reflect the content in those posts (but not posts you made before yesterday). Like for example, how you changed the image to the resized one and the image was changed in the post you made 2 posts up to reflect that. Hope that explains it better!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Add Echidna on Facebook
    yes, I understand now.
    thanks for clarifying!

I would like my signature of my etsy shop not to be the complete url but only the word Etsy and someone can click on that.
    How do i get it to be like that in stead of the long url i have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Adalira View Post
    I would like my signature of my etsy shop not to be the complete url but only the word Etsy and someone can click on that.
    How do i get it to be like that in stead of the long url i have now?
    You need to make it a hyperlink. Highlight the text you want to be a link (type "Etsy" or whatever you want it to be first then highlight it by dragging your cursor over the text) then click the link button. It looks like a globe with a chain link symbol below it. Then paste or type the url into the box that comes up and click okay. Tada! Hyperlink

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

OK thank you so much. I have tried it, lets see if it pops up now

I could not get it to work but my hubby could :-)

Do you have to be a member for so long before you can add a GIF as a signature? I went in to edit my signature, and add a GIF, and at the bottom, it says

Signature Permissions

Allow Basic BB CodeYesAllow Color BB CodeYesAllow Size BB CodeYesAllow Font BB CodeYesAllow Alignment BB CodeYesAllow List BB CodeYesAllow Link BB CodeYesAllow HTMLYes Allow Image BB CodeYesAllow Video BB CodeYesAllow Code BB CodeYesAllow PHP BB CodeYesAllow HTML BB CodeYesAllow Quote BB CodeYesAllow SmiliesYesCan Upload Images for SignatureNoCan Upload Animated GIF for SignatureNo

Quote Originally Posted by Amapele View Post
    Do you have to be a member for so long before you can add a GIF as a signature? I went in to edit my signature, and add a GIF, and at the bottom, it says

Signature Permissions

Allow Basic BB CodeYesAllow Color BB CodeYesAllow Size BB CodeYesAllow Font BB CodeYesAllow Alignment BB CodeYesAllow List BB CodeYesAllow Link BB CodeYesAllow HTMLYes Allow Image BB CodeYesAllow Video BB CodeYesAllow Code BB CodeYesAllow PHP BB CodeYesAllow HTML BB CodeYesAllow Quote BB CodeYesAllow SmiliesYesCan Upload Images for SignatureNoCan Upload Animated GIF for SignatureNo
    Nope! They're just not allowed to be uploaded on the server. For images above a certian size (physically or memory wise), you have to have the image itself hosted somewhere else, then use the "Insert Image" function to insert it into the signature that way. It's not practical for our server space to host gifs, since they're a lot bigger (memory wise) than images.

A lot of people use gifs from tumblr, or host theirs on giphy.com (photo bucket is nice, but has limited bandwidth that some people run into issues with). Hope that helps!

Just remember the signature rules when adding your images and such please

Wingéd Mermaid Iona