Thread: hello everyone

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar

hello everyone

Hi, my name is Ronda. I don't have a mermaid name yet. I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already received some great advice on making my first functional tail. Ty ladies.
    So let's see, well you know when you are little and they tell you you can be anything you want to be, I wanted to be a mermaid. I was actually a bit angry when I grew up a bit and realized that couldn't happen....or can it? About ten years ago I made a nonfunctional tail for a photo shoot but had never considered making one to swim in until about a month ago. An interesting chain of events lead me here. First, I saw some AMAZING tails on fb. They were from a Vegas show and I knew they would be super expensive but it made me go to amazon to look at tails. There were some that I thought looked decent for a couple hundred dollars that I was considering. Then I was with my family at a local creek that is popular this time of year. Low and behold, there was mermaid Amelia pond and her children swimming in full silicone tails! I got to talking with her and then she sent me a bunch of links on her process on making her tail. She has lots of time and money invested in her tail (and it shows) she is a professional mermaid. I told her that I didn't really foresee me spending that much money to make a tail and that I would probably stick to making a fabric tail and airbrushing it. Then she sent me a link to reef fish's thread on making a neoprene and silicone caulk hybrid tail. I fell in love! I ordered my neoprene and monofin that day. I'm nervous but hopeful that I can create an awesome tail. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by mermaid mazu; 07-01-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: misspelling

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    Ayyyyy! Hi there! Welcome. Good luck on your tail!
    beep boop get some soup

Ty very much

Tested out my monofin today, it's AMAZING! Even more excited to finish my tail now

Welcome! Do you have a design in mind yet?

I do, it's going to be colored inspired by a koi fish. I am doing a basic design to start with with potentially additional hip, ankle and a half dorsal fin later...provided I can successfully make the basic tail lolName:  2016-06-24 22.55.34.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  705.2 KB

Oooh I thought I recognized your name! I saw this in the designs thread. That fluke is going to look awesome.

Ty! I hope so lol. If I get to the point of the extra fins, they will resemble the fluke.

Very cool. Good luck with it.

Ty very much. I plan on starting my silicone this weekend

I picked my mermaid name mazu, pronounced Matsu was the Chinese goddess of the sea. Since my tail design is a koi, I found this fitting. Koi fish originated in chine before being introduced to Japan.

Member Pod of Oceania
    Welcome to MerNetwork Mazu, yeah that drawing of your mertail looks beautiful and love that fluke.

Sent from my M4 Aqua using Tapatalk

Ty very much

My Mermaid Mazu! You've come so far from that destined meet at Blue Hole! I love all the tails you've made!

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Aww thank you sweet Amelia! You got me here