Thread: Hello :)

Junior Member Pod of Oceania

Talking Hello :)

Hello
    I went swimming in a monofin for the first time today! It was great and i cant wait to go again. I came across mermaiding when I saw pics of Finfolk tails on Pinterest. It snowballed from there when i realised that 'it' was a thing and that i could too be a real life mermaid. I found out that there are a few mermaids in my city (Perth, Australia), who do events and that there' also a school but the school is closed till summer. Bummer. I continued researching and after looking at a few options I ordered a Mahina merfin. Its awesome. Australian made, eco friendly recycled materials and safe starter monofin. Love the gold shimmery texture and the overall fin shape ^.^

I plan to make a fabric tail at some point, I've seen some great inspiration here, and make my way to an event later this year in Bussleton.

Just keep swimming,
    -Magikarp

Member Pod of Oceania
    Greetings Magikarp and Welcome to MerNetwork, swimming with a merfin is so much fun and 1 feels a lot closer to the ocean . I am currently living in South Africa but are busy with plans to emigrated to New Zealand, i can't wait. Have a great day.

Sent from my M4 Aqua using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    Hello
    I ordered a Mahina merfin. Its awesome. Australian made, eco friendly recycled materials and safe starter monofin. Love the gold shimmery texture and the overall fin shape ^.^

Just keep swimming,
    -Magikarp
    EEP!!!YOURE A GOLD MAGIKARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go pokeball!!!!!!!!
    Lol jk
    I hope you find everything you need here. Have a nice day.

WHY DID I NOT THINK TO DO THIS?!?! I'm a huge pokemon fan. I could have named myself Milotic! GAH! I MISSED AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY!

That said...YOU ARE A SHINY!
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Now I have to go play Pokemon for the rest of the day...

Welcome! So great to see another Aussie Mer! If you head over to Pod of Oceana and join, you will keep up to date on that things we Aussie mer's are doing! Can't wait to see you in that gold tail! EEP!
    Sapphire Mermaid x

It was a Friday morn when we set sail
    And we were not far from the land
    When our captain, he spied a fishy mermaid
    With a comb and a glass in her hand