Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly meetup

Monthly meetup

Hey guys! I was thinking of hosting a regular, monthly meet up at my house in Northglenn. I'm a mile away from a rec center, and very close to lots of food options. I figured we could meet up to swim, have dinner and then hang out at my house afterwards for movies or whatever.

I'm generally basing this after the local furry meetups we have here in Colorado, since there's so many. You don't have to come every time or RSVP or anything. Typically the local furries will use an app called Telegram to send out invites and such since you don't need the persons real name/phone number to message them that way. Alternately they also use the Meetup app as well. IM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON APPS.

Right now I'm not sure what month I want to start it as august is going to be a bit busy, but I'm not opposed to august either.

I'm considering the first Friday evening of every month, but I need to check with the rec center's schedule to be sure if that would work for them pool wise.

Any interest? App ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

I would be interested in this although I cannot say I could attend with any regularity for geographic reasons. As Apps go Meetup.com would be a much better choice than Telegram. It is certainly popular in the furry community but those who do not have telegram because they require you to provide them with your phone number miss out. If you are going to do this it would be best to start as soon as possible with it even if the first one or two are poorly attended it will create a sense of continuity and you can work out some of the unexpected challenges before you end up having to also deal with larger numbers of people. A weekend would probably be the best day so Saturday or Sunday. Friday would be more challenging for people who have to travel even just an hour from the other side of Denver.

Fair enough. When I get a moment (probably tomorrow) I'll make a Rocky Mountain Pod meet up thing and link it here. I plan on going to the rec center tomorrow so that would help me decide on a date and get all the important info

Store Blog

I'm in! (I have no suggestions on apps tho, I've never used one of those)

OK! So the northglenn rec center pool is pretty nice. They allow flippers and keep the water at a comfy 84°.

The rates are $3.50 for residents and $4.25 for non residents.

They're closed Sundays but on Saturday the pool of open for swimming from 1:30 to 4:30. They usually have floaties in the water.

So I was thinking we could meet up the first Saturday of every month at 1:30 at the Northglenn Rec Center (located at 11801 Community Center Drive).

After swimming we could all venture out for food and then if we still feel like hanging out you're all welcome to come back to my place.

Shall we attempt to start this on the 6th of September?

Store Blog

Sept. 6th is a Tuesday. But I'm still in.

Shit. August sixth. This Saturday. Im bad at this

Store Blog

Hahaha, afraid I can't make this Saturday, and if we do the 1st Saturday, I won't be able to make Sept. either b/c of NDK. But I will come to one eventually!

It's no big! That's the point of the monthly meets. They're regular so even if you don't make one you can make another.

Store Blog

I'll be sitting out front of the Northglenn Rec Center today at 130 with my tail. If no one shows up by 2 I'll leave.

I know this is the last weekend of faire, and there's a couple con's coming up so I won't be surprised of no one shows.

This will be a recurring meet, on the first Saturday of every month. Hopefully it can be a thing we all look forward to.

Store Blog

We could always see about the pool at the NDK hotel... If that one won't work there is always the nice pool at the MileHiCon hotel. Admittedly that isn't the first weekend of the month but it is a great option for halloween and more than one of us might be there anyway.

I'll be at Rocky Mountain Fur Con next weekend and will have my tail there too.

Store Blog

I might make it out to RMFC as well. It will depend on what is going on with MALcon the same weekend.

The pool at RMFC was closed anyway. It sucked. Did see someone sitting in the lobby by the fountian in their finfun tail though.

Store Blog

I'll have a room at the Sheraton for NDK, so if anyone wants to plan a meetup, I can get us in

Nice. I'll have to talk to the bf to see if he wants to go back to ndk

Store Blog

Hey! I'm brand new to this site, but I'm also headed to NDK this year and would LOVE to meet up! Are you guys still planning this?

I don't think I'm going to NDK but I'll still be hosting the monthly meet. First Saturday of the month, meet at the northglenn rec center at 130

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk
    Store Blog

Playing Koi - I can definitely bring a tail to NDK! Let's plan something out once the schedule is released.

Awesome! Sounds great! CoyoteWalker, I'll see if I can keep that day clear for next month! Arabella, that sounds like a good idea!