Thread: eBay tails

eBay tails

Hi guys I was looking on eBay for mermaid tails I came across a mermaid tail what looked like a copy of finfun for €30 with a monofin From Hong Kong do you think I should buy it
    Last edited by seaair16; 08-08-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    General rule of fin; if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

^Seconding Marlin. If you see what looks like an imitation product coming from a "cheap" place like Hong Kong, be very, VERY cautious, because especially on eBay there's an increased chance that you're going to get a product that's very poorly made and will barely be usable.

If you don't know the seller, can't verify their legitimacy, then don't. In my opinion, your best bet would be to just go with an actual FinFun tail-- it may cost more, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks I just ordered one from the fin fun website i think it's better to be safe than sorry

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfrit View Post
    ^Seconding Marlin. If you see what looks like an imitation product coming from a "cheap" place like Hong Kong, be very, VERY cautious, because especially on eBay there's an increased chance that you're going to get a product that's very poorly made and will barely be usable.
    ^ My friend ordered one of those cheaper FinFun look-a-like monofins from China, and it was really shoddy to swim with. Seams ripped on her first swim, and the clear plastic insert melted and warped in the backseat of her car during a 1-2 hour drive back home.

Definitely better to be safe than sorry. Have fun!

Thanks