Thread: Anyone seen the new deluxe tails from SwimTails?

Anyone seen the new deluxe tails from SwimTails?

Swim Tails have just released 3 new deluxe tail designs! Has everyone seen these? What do you think? I'm seriously considering the gold/H2o design which they call the Moon tail. The scales and fluke look really realistic for a fabric tail and do look very similar to the H2o tails!

https://www.swimtails.com/product/moon-mermaid-tail

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

I saw them they are really cool! I want the h2o one also but don't know if it will fit my suntails mononfin. I definitely don't want an aquarius. I don't like the shape of it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    I saw them they are really cool! I want the h2o one also but don't know if it will fit my suntails mononfin. I definitely don't want an aquarius. I don't like the shape of it.

Yea the Aquarius monofin shape has disuaded me for a long time from purchasing a SwimTails tail. I really wish Finis would make an adult monofin that has a more Mermaidy shape, like the kids one but bigger.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    their mermaid fins arent the best. they constantly fall of kid's feet and dont have great safety features, but since they fall off all the time it doesnt matter haha.

I also cant stand the shape of the aquarius. fun as a novelty on it's own as a monofin, but not in a tail. it gives the illusion like the fluke is broken to me.

but those tails are lovely!

Yea as far as the kid ones go I like the body glove one. I'm considering buying one for myself since my feet are tiny and the straps keep slipping on my wave and it drives me crazy.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    if body glove ever approves production of adult ones, I am getting all my future fins made with them LOL

I wonder if those skins could fit at all in a different monofin? I'd be curious to slip a finfun or other company fin in to see if it's possible...

The raven tail is gorgeous. I'm very tempted to get one before the cyber Monday sale ends and try it with one of my monofins. But if it doesn't fit then that's a good chunk of change wasted.... decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if SwimTails are open at the bottom of the fluke, like FinFun? Or is it stitched closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Does anyone know if SwimTails are open at the bottom of the fluke, like FinFun? Or is it stitched closed?
    Pretty sure it's closed bottom - not my top choice

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I actually like a closed bottom, but man I wish there was an adult size Finis Mermaid/Atlantis. I really like the Moon Tail, but I'm not keen on having to put an Aquarius monofin in. It kind of ruins the design of this fluke, imo :/

Has anyone seen pictures of the new skins that aren't from the website? The pictures all look super photoshopped, which makes me wonder if they're as nice in person as the concept images.

Yeah, I was noticing that... I wanted to at least wait until I could find some reviews.

I've only seen about 1 or 2 designs with an actual picture by a customer... photoshopping the tails and just showing concept art doesn't seem to be the best tactic to me, but it seems like they just release a bunch of gimmiky ideas, hoping that one will catch on and then produce it if it sells.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I don't mind the gimicky-ness (confession I want all of the Halloween tails), I'm just wondering how the designs look on an actual product? Are the patterns are nice as the concept pics?