Thread: Circle lenses?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North

Circle lenses?

So, I know you can't really wear regular contact lenses while swimming as they can easily fall out and get lost. But I'm wondering if anyone here has tried wearing circle lenses while swimming? I'm thinking since they're bigger than contact lenses and like go under your eyelids they may stay on better. But I'm not sure how much better.

No! Don't use circle lens in water! Circle lens are harder and firmer than normal contacts and have a lower water content. They are also not FDA approved and are the main caise of lots of eye injuries

sent from my shellphone using tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hannah Fraser has tried all manner of lenses, even ones that cost 10k a pair and they still came out if she moved her eyes too quickly. She spoke about it at merfest 2 during her QnA

I know I'm not anywhere comparable to Hannah Fraser, but I got myself some daily lenses (basically the ones you dispose in the evening) and used them underwater. You got to have them to 'suck' to your eyeballs (sorry about the strange image), so they stay on (like no tiny bit of air between lens and eye). I used them for years now and nothing happened. Also, my father is an optician (they know not as much as eye doctors, but still study the same stuff) and he says it's never good to open your eyes underwater, but he did some tests and says that this method doesn't do much more harm than keeping eyes open in the water in general.
    They also never fall out at all.
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    Hmm I've been wearing circle lenses for years,not everyday just on occasion, and it's never caused injury to my eyes. I think the main problem is people ordering them online and not getting the proper fit. That's all I can think of. I'm just thinking they might not fall out because the diameter of the lens itself is so much bigger than regular lenses. When I wear regular lenses I can see the edge of the lens and circle lenses the edge is like behind my lid. They're not even that easy to get out with a finger so I feel like they couldn't accidentally fall out.
    I was just curious if anyone had tried swimming with them before.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    I am following this thread to simply gain more information!
    I wear glasses all day, everyday. So swimming is fun when I can't see 3 feet in front of me! I have swam with my monthly contacts a few years ago, and each time they simply washed out.
    I am going to try my daily lenses again after what you say Miradis! See if I can't get the little things to stay put.