Thread: (Sold!) Glitter and Pigments for silicone tail making (or crafty mers!)

Lightbulb (Sold!) Glitter and Pigments for silicone tail making (or crafty mers!)

Hello everyone!

I'm starting this thread as a place to destash some of my glitters and pigments. More will be added as I weed them out of my stash over time. My loss is your gain! These are supplies from my small business inventory, and sales are going right back into buying supplies that I need. Any purchase is greatly appreciated by my family and I! I will eventually try to list these elsewhere, but I'd MUCH rather just deal with an individual that can benefit from cheaper prices.

***Please note that I am not a silicone tail maker!***
    - I cannot give you any advice on how to use these in silicone and you'll have to do your own product testing. My reasons for selling these pigments and glitters range from them not being what I was looking for, being discontinued/HTF or not holding up in a solvent base.
    - I make nail polish, and I see a lot of overlapping in the dry pigments and sparkles that are used in making all these pretty tails and what is used in nail polish. (We both haunt automotive suppliers for the best pearls, shifties and sparklies! ) However, nail polish is a solvent-based product, and therefore glitters and pigments that work just fine for automotive paint, resin, silicone and even gel/acrylic nails do not hold up in a bottle of nail polish!

Shipping:
    - Prices will include shipping within the US. I can ship these items internationally, give me your location and ask for a price quote.
    - I always, ALWAYS include a tracking number on domestic shipments for peace of mind, international tracking may cost extra and often isn't detailed.

Payment:
    - PayPal or credit card is preferred
    - I can also accept a check or money order if you're okay with additional "processing time".

Weights/sizes of items should be considered approximate; they are what my postal scale tells me!

I am happy to discount my prices for people who buy multiple items!

Click my photos to see them larger!
    Freshwater tropical mermaid... I bottle rainbows!

Blog · Facebook · Instagram @PrincesslyPolished · Webshop

Red face Glitter

Holographic:
    - Holographic glitters reflect a rainbow of colors!

1mm Holo Dot set: $30 shipped

Super cute and unique teeny dots! They are 1mm size dots. These colors are all SO pretty and very "mermaidy" (or mermanly!), but are only sample sizes. The square-looking bags measure 2x2 inches. Still, they'd be great to use in accent scales or accessories! The 4 golden colors could definitely be mixed together to make them go farther on a tail.
    Weight of entire pile: 3.7oz

Metallic:
    - Traditional, shiny-metal type colors

Other:
    - Anything else
    Last edited by RNHime; 08-13-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Update of what is currently available

Red face Pigments

Glow in the dark:
    - I'm selling these gitd pigments because they did not work in polish. I really need to "exchange" them for more of the ones that DO work!

Glominex brand 7-color set: $50 shipped

This is the full set of their rainbow gitd colors! They appear neon when wet so I can see these turning into some awesome glowing Lisa-Frank inspired tails.
    They do glow according to color... purple = purple, blue = blue, green = green, yellow = yellow, orange, red, & pink = various shades of orange/peach and red-pink orange.
    I'm only asking what I paid, and I've bagged and labelled these nicely vs. the useless heat-sealed packs they were shipped in!
    Technical specs: 25-35 micron size
    Weights: each bag = 1.1oz

TechnoGlow 3-color set: $20 shipped

I only tested the tiniest sample amount from these bags... my heart breaks that the pink didn't work. It has the PRETTIEST pink glow I've ever seen of any pink glow pigment! It's actually a true, cool pink! It has a neon/vibrant pink color when wet. The white-looking pigments are considered colorless/white and they both have very pretty purple and blue glows, respectively.
    - See the full-size picture for specifics of each pigment... TG actually does a decent job labeling their stuff.
    Weights: Pink = 1.2oz, Purple & Blue = 0.7oz each
    Last edited by RNHime; 08-18-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: picture was HUGE o_o

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I found the purples from many manufacturers to be sadly disappointing, but this is a great deal! If I didn't already have so many in stock, I'd snap them up right away! Someone's going to be a lucky glow-in-the-dark mer!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I found the purples from many manufacturers to be sadly disappointing, but this is a great deal! If I didn't already have so many in stock, I'd snap them up right away! Someone's going to be a lucky glow-in-the-dark mer!
    Purple pigment just plain does not glow as bright. Doesn't matter what brand or particle size you get, it never looks as bright as blue, green, and yellow pigments do. Seems to be the nature of the purple. I've found I get the best glow with extra-long UV exposure, and even then it stands out best in a very dark room once your eyes have adjusted. In my opinion the purple has more of an "intense" or deep glow to it than the bright glow we're used to from the more common blue and green.

Red tones are generally much more dim, as well. And apparently it must be really hard to make true pinks and reds, because most of the orange, red, and pinks I've tried just look like steadily orange-r shades of peachy yellow. =P

That's why I was so sad about the TG pink. It's color. So pretty. Ohmigosh. But not for nails... The TG purple is really nice for a purple, too. *sigh*

Anyway, thank you for pointing out that this is a good deal, lol. I really hope someone can use these, it's a shame to just have them sitting. I can relate to having too much inventory! (How do you NOT buy ALL THE COLORS? ) But I really need to move these on so I can spend twice as much for the solvent-resistant glow pigments I tested alongside these... ahahaha...it was worth trying these, anyway.

---

Updated the glitter post with my currently for sale holos... must go eat a late lunch now, hopefully I'll have time to upload the metallics today. ^-^

Okay, I just added the metallic colors. That's all I have to upload for now, thanks everyone.

These are still available!

Updated the glitter post to remove some items that are no longer available.

Everything else is still for sale!

Anyone interested in the glow pigments..? It's a great deal. If they aren't gone before this fall I'm probably going to use them in craft projects with my kid!

Glominex set is SOLD... Last chance for the other items!

Everything is gone, yay! & reported as sold to admins. Thanks, everyone!