Thread: Creating a New Tail -- "Live"!

Cool Creating a New Tail -- "Live"!

Hey everyone! With Faerieworlds around the corner, I needed to put together a new tail with my softer Mahina fin so I don't hurt people in our small lagoon with the competitor that I have in the lantern tail.

The tail I did for last year (koinobori) was incomplete and so much paint has flaked off, that I decided to just make a new one. She has no name yet, and her design is random pen sketches on several pages, and I have only two full days to work on her (with perhaps some hours here and there before or after work), so this will be a complete adventure!

I also decided to to this "live." What I mean by live is that I am posting many updates of my process as they happen through the day. I am posting them first to my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mermaid.merlissa/) then sharing them to my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Merlissa-th...9143271465322/).

All the videos are very candid and on the fly, so there is no polished mermaid smile; just pure, ridiculous Little Orca. Hope you find some of the information on there useful and enjoy my randomness. And holy carp, I look so pink/red in the videos. XD

Edit: Bah, here is the list here as well.

Video List:

Last edited by Little_Orca; 08-30-2016 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added more video links

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! Your beautifully painted tails and cool shapes are wonderful- I'm so looking forward to this!

Though I was just thinking- there are only a few threads I have been following, and most of them are almost done- I blame you for just hitting the reset button....

Oh yay!!!!

Just throwing it out there have you thought about streaming bits of it on twitch?

"Where the Moon kisses the waves, that's where you'll find me"
    Acqua Luna

Quote Originally Posted by Acqua Luna View Post
    Oh yay!!!!

Just throwing it out there have you thought about streaming bits of it on twitch?

"Where the Moon kisses the waves, that's where you'll find me"
    Acqua Luna

I hadn't thought of that, but I will check into it before I start the painting. I am taking a break at the moment to get some dinner made and to update the video links here. Lots of driving around to get all that I needed. x.x

Working on my mermaid tail. I will pause periodically when I step away to sew, but feel free to drop by and I will try to answer any questions that I see come up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleOrca/live

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    More mermaids need to live stream stuff! I love it <3 It feels like the most I can ever interact with some of you on a personal level without being annoying haha!

Thank you to all who joined me for my live stream. I will pick it up again tomorrow!

I decided against a second live stream, as I am too much under a time crunch to get this tail done for this coming weekend, but I did do some more update videos on Instagram and I have linked them in the first post in this thread.

A live update from my facebook just a few minutes ago

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.tho...2221129675318/