Thread: Hamilton Pool Preserve near Austin

Hamilton Pool Preserve near Austin

Has any Mers visited this lately? I'd love to organize a shoot there next year.

I used to go often- and it's where my husband proposed to me many years ago:) I love it
    Sometimes they close it for different reasons- from bacterial count when the water is low, to fragility when the water is high... so check the website before you go out. Also since Austin is growing so fast, sometimes they are taking people only by reservation? I guess it was getting too crowded? Which is so crazy, because it used to be such a quiet little hidden spot. So with that in mind, if you were wanting to do a shoot, I would do it the VERY first second they open, before they get crowded, and maybe on a cloudy cool day when less people are swimming

Quote Originally Posted by merwandering View Post
    I used to go often- and it's where my husband proposed to me many years ago I love it
    Sometimes they close it for different reasons- from bacterial count when the water is low, to fragility when the water is high... so check the website before you go out. Also since Austin is growing so fast, sometimes they are taking people only by reservation? I guess it was getting too crowded? Which is so crazy, because it used to be such a quiet little hidden spot. So with that in mind, if you were wanting to do a shoot, I would do it the VERY first second they open, before they get crowded, and maybe on a cloudy cool day when less people are swimming
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll def keep an eye on the weather and the site once things are set to go. That's a ashame their not letting many people in to swim, but good on them for keeping the ecosystem in check.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    I'd be up for a swim meetup at Hamilton Pool if they'll let us swim.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by polyhymnia113 View Post
    I'd be up for a swim meetup at Hamilton Pool if they'll let us swim.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Fantastic! This is more or less a future thing, but I'll keep looking on the site for open swim options soon.