Thread: LARGE Silicone Lions Paw Shell Sculpting, Molding, and Casting for F Cup Chest

LARGE Silicone Lions Paw Shell Sculpting, Molding, and Casting for F Cup Chest

Hey everyone! I found MythandMagic's shop with silicone shells (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1652864...maid-seashells) that I thought were perfect because you can get custom colors and just attach directly to skin with an adhesive or attach it to a bra. I was thinking maybe the adhesive or fishing line would work with me. The only problem is that I do not like the look of these small shells on a larger cupped bra. Soooo, I'm on a mission to figure out how to sculpt a shell that will be big enough to actually cover my breasts, how to mold it, and how to cast it in silicone. To be honest, the forum section is highly confusing to me and I am aware that there very well may be a forum on this topic already. If so, please help direct me there!

I already have my eye out on some pearl white, ice blue, and rose gold pigments for these shells as well as some air-dry clay!

I have never worked on anything like this before (never sculpted with clay, molded something, or cast anything) and I understand a lot of it is trial and error but I would just appreciate if a lot of the guesswork is taken out of the mix through this forum.

My main concern is how to mold a clay sculpture (only needs to be for one side) and cast it with silicone. I've seen many forums and videos talking about making silicone molds but if I do that, I'm afraid of the silicone sticking to the silicone! Another big thing to note is that I do not want to spend more than $50-$60 on this project.
    Last edited by Waves of Ash; 12-14-2016 at 07:34 PM.

I wanted to do the same thing and the two-part mold baffled me. Good luck to you!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

So, now that winter break is upon me, I actually have time to start this project!! I have recently questioned whether I should do Lion Paws, starfish, or scales. I personally think that the scales would look awesome and are more of what I imagine a mer would have in nature. What do you think?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Yaaaassssssss.
    I tried to do this a while ago but then i got distracted *snaps*
    good luck!

So I have an open question: I accidentally bought polymer clay instead of an oil based clay... Can I still mold the object in polymer and cast it in plaster? I don't really care if the sculpted object stays in tact..