General overview of this year's rules (you agree by signing up):
- We recommend that you spend no more than $15 on your gift (this includes handmade crafts, but exceptions may be made if an item is worth more than $15 but is second hand - as in the giver had it).
- If you do spend over $15, don't be upset if you get a gift that cost less.
- Your gift has to be mailed by November 15th - you must be able to commit to this.
- You must state if you are comfortable with being partnered with someone with an international address. (PLEASE TAKE SHIPPING TIMES INTO ACCOUNT!)
- You must be an active user on the forums with at least 30 substantial posts before Sept 1, 2016.
- Accounts made after September 1, 2016 will not be eligible to participate.
- No food, anything live, dangerous/illegal, or inappropriate (NSFW).
- Don't send fragile things unless you're absolutely sure they are protected.
- Your sign-up address does not have to be your own if you have privacy concerns (use a friend’s name and address, etc) – as long as you can still receive your gift.
- Do not share anyone’s information or real names anywhere.
- Gifts are mer-related!
- Registration will end on Oct 31, 2016.
Official email: email@example.com
You'll be emailing this address for confirmation of sent and received gifts, or if you have any questions/concerns.
Here are the threads from previous years for reference:
Comments, questions, concerns from previous years? Post them here!
Registration is now OPEN! <-CLICK HERE
PLEASE USE AN EMAIL THAT YOU WILL CHECK REGULARLY!
Discretion and Liability Agreement
By agreeing to sign up for this event you are agreeing to the following terms:
• All private information of the gift-tee (the person receiving the gift) that will be disclosed (including names, addresses, and photos) will remain private (unshared, un-spammed, and only used for this transaction) unless sole permission from the gift-tee says otherwise. Failure to comply to this rule means you are banned from participating in any other exchanges.
• If you sign up and don’t send a gift, you will be forever known as a person who is unreliable and can’t follow through. Also, people on the forums will generally think of you as a jerk. This is a commitment. If you do not honor this you will be banned from future participation.
• You cannot hold the organizer responsible for the gift you receive or for any liabilities. This is a community event and I have no personal vested interest or ulterior motive in organizing this activity.