Thread: Seaside Fairytales - my custom fabric tail review

Senior Member Pod of Cali Delphinus's Avatar
    Follow Delphinus On Twitter Add Delphinus on Facebook
    Visit Delphinus's Youtube Channel

Seaside Fairytales - my custom fabric tail review

Alrighty! I can finally leave a proper review for Seaside Fairytales. My purchase was ages ago now, but for some reason back then reviews couldn't be left? It was weird. Anyhoo! I'll do my best to leave a fairly short and sweet review, while trying to be thorough.

I contacted the shop owner in regards to the idea of fabricating an Hourglass Dolphin themed tail for me. I had a design in mind that I had sketched up (badly on an envelope!), and shared the photo with her. She is an amazing shop owner, as she always kept in contact and was thorough in regards to measurements, what I was looking for, and what she was able to do.

Her price was downright amazing for the high quality that I received, especially bearing in mind that it was a totally custom design that she adapted into a fully functioning tail from my simple sketch. It was a perfect adaptation, and obviously ended up looking much, much better than my sketch. The coolest thing in my opinion, is that she found a "Dol-Fin" monofin to go in the tail. It gave it the perfect dolphin look and rounded out the whole theme beautifully.

The fabric and tail have good, solid weight. It's not heavy, but neither is it thin feeling or light. For me, the weight and support of it are as dextrous as it is sturdy, and provides me with a perfect balance all around. I can't help but toss it on just to admire the craftsmanship and care that went into it.

Naturally, it's totally water-functional, so it's all around a fantastic piece of art, and wonderful for having a unique and stand-out tail that isn't too gaudy. (I love all tails, but this one is more subtle and matches me. <3 )

So ultimately, I have to give Seaside Fairytales a perfect score, regardless of what sort of scale we're looking at. Because I have absolutely nothing critical to say about them or their product. The tail was absolutely perfect from design to execution, and as a business they are on top of things, friendly, and well priced.

(bear in mind that at the time of this review, I BELIEVE they are on a temporary work hiatus)
    "Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, lìtutti vivono in pace e in onestà."

Thank you SO much!! You are so kind!!! I'm absolutely thrilled that you like your tail so much! It really was a joy to bring to life and I'm so glad it has such a loving owner! Thank you, thank you, thank you! This made my day! You are wonderful! D

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales
    Etsy | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

It sounds cool. Do you have any pictures of it?

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Meghara July View Post
    Thank you SO much!! You are so kind!!! I'm absolutely thrilled that you like your tail so much! It really was a joy to bring to life and I'm so glad it has such a loving owner! Thank you, thank you, thank you! This made my day! You are wonderful! D
    Thank YOU! It's so strong and perfectly fitted. And the design looks way better than I imagined in the 'sketch' I made. I'm really amazed at your skill and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra1337 View Post
    It sounds cool. Do you have any pictures of it?
    Not many! Well, yet anyway. I got it a while back, but unfortunately only have a couple phone pics. If you want you can see a couple in my photos here in my Mernetwork profile. ((I'd just post one here, but my computer died, so a LOT of files got rearranged or lost. :\ ))

Bummer about your computer; I can definitely empathize with you on that. On a brighter note your tail looks awesome. What monofin do you use with it?

You're the best! That tail is still one of my favorites. It's just awesome and so unique!

And if you want, I still have a few photos saved here on my laptop (I keep a folder of the completed tails I've made) so I can upload them to this thread if needed.

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Bummer about your computer; I can definitely empathize with you on that. On a brighter note your tail looks awesome. What monofin do you use with it?
    Thanks. And the monofin is a Dol-Fin. Our lovely creator, Meghara there, found it for me since it's a dolphin. It's really comfortable, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghara July View Post
    You're the best! That tail is still one of my favorites. It's just awesome and so unique!

And if you want, I still have a few photos saved here on my laptop (I keep a folder of the completed tails I've made) so I can upload them to this thread if needed.
    Ohh, that'd be really handy! If you wanna do that, I'd appreciate it until I can get good photos of me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Thanks. And the monofin is a Dol-Fin. Our lovely creator, Meghara there, found it for me since it's a dolphin. It's really comfortable, too!
    Nice. Do you get decent power with it in the water?

Yeah sure! I can add some right now

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  596.6 KB
    Name:  053.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  419.2 KBName:  055.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  473.5 KBName:  056.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  631.3 KBName:  068.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  525.0 KB

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales

Nice. Do you get decent power with it in the water?
    I really hate to say it, but I actually have yet to give it a real swim. Worn it, yes, but sadly pretty much all dry. BUT. I am a Southern California mer, so weather is gonna be pretty agreeable year round. Just need to find time to make it to a meet up, or swim session. But the second I get in the water, I'll jump right back to give you my rundown!