Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What mermaid books are you currently reading?

Yesterday I bought Deep Blue but I didn't start reading it yet because I'm still reading the Siren. Once I'm finished reading I'm going to read Deep Blue.

One series that no one has brought up yet is The Tail of Emily Windsnap. It's about a seventh-grade girl who learns she is half mermaid.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

First time I've heard of it. I'll have to check it out
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Celestia View Post
    One series that no one has brought up yet is The Tail of Emily Windsnap. It's about a seventh-grade girl who learns she is half mermaid.
    OMG I read those books when I was little and LOVED them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh Emily Windsnap!! Those books were my childhood even before I was a mermaid I think I read the first four but I know that more have come out since then. Man, I might have to go back and read them...
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

A friend of mine has written two ya/fantasy books. The first one is at https://www.wattpad.com/story/423918...mations-book-1, second is at https://www.wattpad.com/story/467993...mations-book-2

I have heard about all the books mentioned and have read some of them. I'm always looking for mermaid books, so I know of several.

"Aquamarine" by Alice Hoffman is a favorite of mine, it's short and sweet, and the movie is loosely based off of it.

"Forgive My Fins" by Tera Lynn Childs is teenage romance fluff, but I thought it was pretty good. There are two other books because it's a series, but the one I mentioned is the best one.

"The Music of Dolphins" by Karen Hesse has always been a favorite, although it's not actually about a mermaid, it's about a young girl who was raised by dolphins and is taken onto land by humans, and she learns about the human world and what it means to be human. It's a beautiful story, though it's a children's book.

"Mermaid Park" by Beth Mayall is about a teenage girl who finds a place where women perform as mermaids, very much like Weeki Wachi.

I have read "The Siren." I personally liked it up until the ending.

I know of others, but I don't want to take up too much room listing them all. If you like I can tell you others, just PM me or let me know.
    These shallow waters never met what I needed. I'm letting go, a deeper dive.
    Eternal silence of the sea, I'm breathing, alive. Faded - Alan Walker

I went to Barnes & Noble last week and bought Rogue Wave. The second book of the Waterfire Saga.