Thread: Hotel Pools

Hotel Pools

Hey y'all,
    Just wondering if any of you guys have advice on swimming in hotel pools without actually getting a room?
    I've never done it before without having booked a room, so I'm wondering if it's even possible and if so, how to go about it.
    The town I live in has access to amazing lakes in the summer, but that doesn't help much in the winter, especially in Canada. We do have a recreational pool however it's always full of children and I'm not ready for that yet, especially just getting my first tail. The hotel I speak of is in my hometown so I don't actually need to book a room there if I don't have to (plus it's a salt water pool, not chlorine. So much better!!)
    Obviously I'd need to see if the pool accepts the use of monofins/tails, and I'd be willing to agree/sign some kind of disclaimer. Do I just call them and ask? Is it expensive? Ahhh I'm such a noobie.
    Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Junior Member Pod of Cali Samw3st95's Avatar
    I would call the hotel and ask them. Some hotels have a 10 day fee to use the "spa".

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Many hotels actually let public use their pool for like 5$

Thank you so much guys! ☺ I appreciate the input. I'll give them a call and see what happens. Fins crossed. 😅

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Avya View Post
    The hotel I speak of is in my hometown so I don't actually need to book a room there if I don't have to (plus it's a salt water pool, not chlorine. So much better!!)
    Just an FYI- salt water pools aka chlorine generator pools are still chlorine pools, so if you are allergic I wouldn't recommend going in them. The salt in the water runs through a special cell with titanium plants and goes through electrolysis, which turns NaCl (salt) into hypochlorous acid (essentially liquid chlorine). Just so you're aware