Thread: Renaming.

Question Renaming.

So, I have been fighting with this for a long time. I used to identify with Keiayra for so many years...

Not many of you know but my birth name is Loralei McLoughlin, and I always thought of using my own name. As I seen many of you do. But the fact that Loralei in its many spellings is so common, and the fact that many years ago certain people were so protective of certain names I felt conflicted.

I jumped the gun and changed my name here.

I don't want to make anyone feel bad about this. Like I have a pit in my stomach writing this. Anyone had a similar experience?

I can't use my birth name as my mermaid name, because it was used by the Disney company two years after I was born. So I had to come up with a new one. No worries, a lot of mers change their names for their mer-sonas!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Two years after your birth? Whats your first name?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    <3

Mermaid Celeste's first name is Ariel.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Ohhhh. That's what I was thinking when she said it.

I go by Mermaid Momo, I thought about changing it because there is already a Mermaid Momo but seeing as how I already had a large following behind the names Mermaid Momo/Miss Momo Tan, I figured that it would be best not to change it and possibly confuse some people about who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    I go by Mermaid Momo, I thought about changing it because there is already a Mermaid Momo but seeing as how I already had a large following behind the names Mermaid Momo/Miss Momo Tan, I figured that it would be best not to change it and possibly confuse some people about who I am.
    Yeah I can see that. Always knew you as Momo. My handle is TheUrbanSiren.

I guess I just wanted to stop holding myself back on the account of being chicken.

I had experiences before, being taken advantage of and people being territorial in this community, but I am leaving that bs in 2016.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I started out with my real name, Kelly, but then another mermaid called Kelly has gotten super popular so I changed my name to Clara. Hopefully I can get know as Mermaid Clara and not have to change my name again, because it really upset me that I can't use my birth name anymore, yet I really love the name Clara.
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Mermaid Celeste's first name is Ariel.
    Haha, you beat me to it! Yep! I'm not ashamed to share my real name, it's just the fact that I went pro while I was still working for the mouse, and they would have fired and sued the pants off of me if they found out I was using my actual name to appear as a mermaid. That, and kids would call me out on the fact that I don't have a green tail/red hair/purple bra... because apparently there can only be one Ariel in the ocean.

My name isn't even correctly spelled the way it should be spelled for a girl!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I'm starting with Neerai, but I don't refuse the idea of renaming in the future...

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~