Thread: New Mermaid looking for advice and merfriends!

New Mermaid looking for advice and merfriends!

Hello Everyone! My mermaid name is Lewana and I've been in love with mermaids and all things oceanic for a very long time. Three years ago I got my first tail and since then I've collected one more and even got to make a homemade tail, which I'm very proud of. I've never met any other person in my life with a love of mermaids like I do until I discovered this website (which was about an hour ago), so I'm very excited to be included here and share and hear tips and stories of mermaiding! When I first found out that being a mermaid could be a job I was completely determined to become a mermaid, but then school got in the way. I had still kept up the use of my tails and even made my own. But as I got busier with school, sports, and art, the dream of becoming a mermaid slowly faded. But I really hope that my mermaid dream can be renewed because I know I will forever be a child at heart and being a mermaid will never stop fascinating me... So, here I am! Please share any advice you might have about becoming a professional mermaid or anything I might need to know! Thanks!

Welcome to Mernetwork!

I wish I could help more but currently I am just a recreational mermaid. My advise though would be to find what specific area you want to focus on for becoming a professional mermaid. Some are well known for conservation efforts, modeling, working with / entertaining children, teaching at swim schools, Make-A-Wish, writing, making videos, making tails or other mermaid items, etc. Then some mers do a combination of these things. So think about what you would be best at and what you would enjoy the most. Then from there look at other mers who are already professionals in that field and try to set yourself apart from them. Try to find something that they are missing or not doing, etc and maybe do the thing you noticed they aren't doing.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Welcome Mermaid Lewana! I'm sure you'll enjoy the community! We have tons of information about professional mermaiding here: http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdis...fessional-Mers

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    Welcome to the network