Thread: Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Hiya everyone! I'd just thought I'd introduce myself today: Mermaid Meerine (meer means "sea" in German, and Aquamarine is my birthstone) :-) Presently I would describe myself as a mermaid hobbyist. Early on I was one of those children that would pretend to be a mermaid when at a swimming pool and was fascinated by the story of The Little Mermaid (both the original and Disney versions). However, I was first made aware of the concept of Mermaiding in December 2014 when my mom and I came across a girl at the local outdoor pool swimming in a Fin Fun mermaid tail. I went home that afternoon and googled my heart out. Pretty soon I came across YouTube videos of Mermaid Melissa, Raina the Halifax Mermaid, Mahina Mermaid, Hannah Mermaid, Mermaid Kariel, Mermaid Linden and so many more. I couldn't believe that I had no idea this whole other world existed! I am a far cry from a professional mermaid right now, but I love the completely free feeling when swimming with a monofin, particularly when wearing a mermaid tail--Mermaiding as a profession sounds like my dream job...who knows what the future will bring! In early 2015, I got the Finis Foil to practice my dolphin kick, a Mahina Merfin for those snorkeling days in the ocean, and a Mertailor Caribbean Blue Eco Tail to complete the look. Most recently I purchased a FinFolk mythic tail, and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival! I am continuously in awe of the tail makers out there--their tails are true works of art. My friends and my husband are often inundated with photos of silicone tails that I find on Instagram/Facebook. Sometimes I just can't get over how exquisite they are! I have also found the professional mermaids out there to be truly inspiring, especially with their emphasis on ocean conservation, something dear to my heart from a young age, as well as their fostering of imagination in both children and adults. So, a big Thank-You to the Mermaiding Community and also to the administrators at the MerNetwork for making these connections and information exchanges possible!
    Last edited by meerine; 01-05-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Welcome to the community! I'm positive you will have a blast with your new tail! <3

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Thank you so much!!!

Welcome to Mernetwork!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Thank you!

Welcome! There is quite a mermaid community in Australia I believe, so I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with like-minded people! Have fun swimming in your tail!!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    Welcome! There is quite a mermaid community in Australia I believe, so I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with like-minded people! Have fun swimming in your tail!!
    Thank you! Yes! I am hoping to make it to MerCon Australia this year--it's in Nov again which is great! I am still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mythic tail! I am going away at the end of the month and was hoping to take it with me, however inclement weather and a weekend away has resulted in shipping delays! Fingers crossed it arrives in the next couple of weeks with no issues!

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid mazu View Post
    Welcome
    Thank you! :-)