Thread: Any suggestions on Mermaid Leggings?

Any suggestions on Mermaid Leggings?

I'm doing a little research on Mermaid Leggings and there are a lot out there! Any suggestions on what to look for and what to stay away from?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mollythemermaid View Post
    I'm doing a little research on Mermaid Leggings and there are a lot out there! Any suggestions on what to look for and what to stay away from?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance
    I purchased a pair from Mermaidtailparty.Com and they're great! They were only 10 bucks and came in a variety of colors.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Amazon has some of the holographic shiny kind for $15ish but you have to beware of the size because the are often asian sizes and the foil wears off after some time. I wore mine to the gym and did the bicycle and left sparkle s all over the seat and the part over my butt is kinda worn Mertailor has some that look like his eco tails that are on sale for $26 right now. I don't own these but do want a pair. If you wanna splurge Finfolk's land mermaid line is $50. I have a pair and they are pretty thick and high quality. They are also wet/dry so you can swim in them!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    Amazon has some of the holographic shiny kind for $15ish but you have to beware of the size because the are often asian sizes and the foil wears off after some time. I wore mine to the gym and did the bicycle and left sparkle s all over the seat and the part over my butt is kinda worn Mertailor has some that look like his eco tails that are on sale for $26 right now. I don't own these but do want a pair. If you wanna splurge Finfolk's land mermaid line is $50. I have a pair and they are pretty thick and high quality. They are also wet/dry so you can swim in them!

Mahina has swimmable mermaid leggings too! They might just be for kids sizes also, I'm not entirely sure.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Thanks for the recommendations! I had no idea there were wet/dry leggings!

Does wet/dry leggings just mean the fabric dries really fast?

I have to recommend these leggings designed by Kelleart...

They are about $29
    Made from 80% polyester, 20% elastane, produced in the UK
    They also size from adult XS-XXL and have kids sizes, they also have matching tops and come in the styles in the picture above.
    The one on the left looks like a pink/purple mermaid princess inspired design, then there's the koi design in the middle and the design on the right which is more subtle in color and looks very similar to the coloring of Disney's Ariel.
    *These were designed by an artist I really like, if you google her you come accross her work, she's done lots of mermaid art and odds are you've seen one of her mermaids on one site or another. But I always think its really cool to support artists when you can.

There's some cool leggings by Waterlust...

These are $65 (10% goes to Marine Megafauna Foundation)
    Made from 86% RPET (about 10 recycled plastic bottles per pair) and 14% Lycra
    They size from adult XS-XL and have childrens sizes availble too
    This is a really cool organization thats very ecofirendly. Its all about preserving the ocean and marine life. Whats cool is these are made for dry & wet. And although they don't have a scale pattern they still look really cool and mermaidy. My favorite are the Whale Shark leggings.

Then there's Mertailor...

They are normaly $39 but right now Mertailor has them on sale for $26
    There are made of a polyester-spandex blend and are produced in the USA
    They size from and XS-XL in mens & womens, they also have kids available
    These are more basic have just plain scale print design buts more realistic and fishlike than what you normally find on ebay are amazon (which tend to be more cartoony basic scallop shaped patternes). They also come in a variety of colors and from the looks of them are made for both wet and dry enviornments.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

Wow... Thanks so much for putting this information together Aquarian!
    I am currently writing a blog post on the different kinds mermaid leggings. Would it be ok if I used the information you gave me? Also, What does wet/dry leggings mean? Why are they different then normal leggings?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mollythemermaid View Post
    Wow... Thanks so much for putting this information together Aquarian!
    I am currently writing a blog post on the different kinds mermaid leggings. Would it be ok if I used the information you gave me? Also, What does wet/dry leggings mean? Why are they different then normal leggings?

Thank you in advance!
    wet/dry means their made out of swimsuit material that is more resistant to harsh treatment from being in the pool or open water, so you can wear them as swimwear or normal leggings.

No prob. I got it all from the net. Use it for whatever.

And Mermaid Aria is right. Leggings are made of different stretchy fabrics some are better suited for water than dry use as everyday clothing. My knowledge on fabric types is limited but I know that polyester tends to hold its shape and color in water and tends to last longer. Other fabrics with stretch out or lose shape/color more easily over time after being exposed to chlorinated water. Lots of higher quality swim suits with use polyester to some degree for this reason.

Polyester alone doesn't stretch that well and isn't as soft as spandex or elastane so it will usually come in a blend.

Some leggings may be made of mostly spandex, lycra, elastane, or some other fabric because they are comfy provide stretch. Many designers don't consider leggings getting wet so they don't consider what fabrics will be good for water during the design process. However some do like Mertailor and Waterlust.

I also forgot to mention that Finfolk Productions has mermaid leggings as well, they have them on their website.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

I get mine from lotusleggings.com. they are always having sales, but they go up to 4XL and they have multiple Mermaid legging colours to choose from. I have three of the mermaid, and probably about a dozen more pairs. I love them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~*Harvey Dent

Thanks! This is super helpful! I doubt I would have been able to find all these brands on my own!

Not sure if you are still looking! But I just started work on my swim short line, and I will be making these in capri and full legging styles You can check out my Etsy shop for more details.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -----------------------------
    Etsy - www.etsy.com/ca/shop/VirtuoSewShop
    Email - virtuosew@hotmail.com
    -----------------------------

Thanks for these pictures! Those pectoral fins are pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Mermaid View Post
    Not sure if you are still looking! But I just started work on my swim short line, and I will be making these in capri and full legging styles You can check out my Etsy shop for more details.
    EverythingMermaid.com

[IMG]file:///Users/mollyknye/Downloads/ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif[/IMG]

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! It took me long enough but I completed a Mermaid Leggings post with the difference between fabrics. Let me know if you think this post is helpful!

Mermaid Leggings

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.50.53 AM.png
Views: 247
Size:  692.5 KB
    EverythingMermaid.com

[IMG]file:///Users/mollyknye/Downloads/ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif[/IMG]