Thread: New Mermaid and Super Excited!!

New Mermaid and Super Excited!!

Hi guys my name is Dallas! I am a girl if the name brings about any confusion! I was born and raised in Florida, and I am a graduate of the University of Florida (Go Gators). I have been diving and snorkeling throughout my life. Like all of you, being a mermaid was a dream that I have had since childhood. Of course this dream didn't seem feasible until I first discovered Mike Van Daal's FlipTails and saw videos of Mermaid Melissa. I then came to discover all the other companies that make mermaid tails! I have watched the community of mers grow from afar, but now I am proud to announce that I have found my fins and I can't wait to meet some of you. Yesterday I made the second and final payment on my Mike Van Daal Tail and according to Mike I should have it sometime next week! Mike has been a joy to work with and I can't thank him enough for making my dream of becoming a mermaid real! I live in Gainesville, FL so I am familiar with many of the local springs and would love to meet and swim with you all! Please feel free to shoot me a message

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Welcome to the waters Floridian Mermaid and congratulations on getting your tail.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Welcome, Dallas! And Congrats on the Tail!

Wow, good for you! And welcome to the forum! Please post an unboxing video of your tail if you can. I love his work but his page hasn't been hugely active lately (other than the green iridescent scales he posted).

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    So exciting! Welcome and happy swimming

Welcome! I am 5 hours away but maybe someday we can swim together. I love swimming in springs. I have only been to two so far - Vortex Springs and Ponce De Leon Springs.

We don't see a lot of Mike Van Daal tails on the forum so it will be great to see your tail!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Welcome Dallas! You sound like a nice person, and I envy you for having a silicone tail right away and living near many springs!

Would you like to post a pic of your tail once you have it? I'm curious!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will be sure to post an unboxing video! 💗💗💗💗

Awesome! What kind of color scheme did you decide on if you don't mind me asking?

deviantArt
    Etsy

Welcome Floridian Mermaid!!!!

This is the tail Hydra1337! I will be sure to post an unboxing video
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    WOW! Just be careful cutting open the box - that thing is a Keeper. Enjoy!

I love Mike Van Daal's work - that tail is gorgeous! I hope we'll get a video of it swimming at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LouLouBelle View Post
    I love Mike Van Daal's work - that tail is gorgeous! I hope we'll get a video of it swimming at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yes LouLouBelle! I opened up an instagram account and got a go pro specifically for this tail! Hoping for our warm winter to continue here in Florida so I can take it out for a swim ASAP!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Beautiful tail! Welcome!

I saw this on instagram. It is gorgeous!!!!! 😍😍😍😍

I saw this on Facebook! It's effing GORGEOUS!

deviantArt
    Etsy

Thank you all! Just heard from Mike and it should be coming in this Monday!