Thread: Hello! Would you welcome a Cuttlefish?

Junior Member North Pacific Pod

Question Hello! Would you welcome a Cuttlefish?

Hi all~
    I'm not a mermaid, but I identify with an aquatic animal species instead. I'm wondering if it's okay for me to have an account here. I just had a few questions about the world of merfolk and whether they coexist with anthropomorphic sea life...?
    Last edited by wooven; 05-14-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Welcome!
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Welcome! There is actually a thread here for otherkin/therian (which is what you're talking about, I believe?)

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    Hm, it's not as serious as otherkin/therian; it's more like an animal that one would create their own interpretation of, then turn it into a character persona - or in this case I guess it's a mersona. Thank you for the info, though, I'll see if it has what I'm looking for. Is there a link to that thread?

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    We definitely have a lot of mers that make their mersona with different aquatic species! We have the obvious fish, we have Selkie types (not me, despite my name), there was that mertailor lobster tail, we have dolfin inspired tails. There have been some gorgeous dragon inspired tails!

If you can come up with a half human half aquatic critter, there is a place for you here!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    wooven, you're welcome here, mer or not <3

I adore anthropomorphic sea life so much I've been thinking of making a mask that drains water quickly for a sea dragon or dolphin outfit so I can be a "water furry" :P
    Anyways, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay !!! <3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram