Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering a tail from SeeThroughSea!

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilija View Post
    I just checked my mail and got some good news! This is the mail!

Attachment 40271

I can't wait oh my gosh!!!!! They really keep good contact, the lag they are talking about was just one day! I don't mind one day at all sometimes you need to wait a few days for answers and they apologize for just one day. Don't get me wrong it isn't bad but they really didn't need to apologize ! I am so happy with their help and fast responses
    Small update;
    It's been almost ten days now since I heard from them. I didn't want to bother them with messages but I really want to see how my tail progresses I now finally send them a message if there are some progress photos (I really hope so!) I'm still not mad at the communication because like I said they are probably really busy. But can't wait to see some pics!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Great review! I hadn't heard of this company before, but I've now followed them on Instagram. So excited to see your tail updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to do a quick small update;

I really love this company, their designs, their responding times,... but the only thing I'm sad about is that I asked several times for progress pictures and never got answered. If they didn't want to show the progress they could just have said me. I can totally understand that they want their own technics and stuff to be "secret" or something else. But they can say that... I sent them again a message asking about a picture because I'm just curious, it will be my tail after all... I hope they will now response with just an answer or I really hope some pictures!

Update:

Yesterday I did a update that I wasn't really happy about them ignoring my picture questions. I send them a message en saw this morning they responded! This is their message;

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I was really happy they responded and again I have no complaints. The only thing I wanted to change is that they just could have said that they didn't want to do pictures before hand because of their own technics (which they want to remain secret). Due to the storm they need to wait for painting, I'm a little sad because if their was no storm/ bad weather my tail could be finished in 1 - 2 weeks. But they can't do anything about that so it's just waiting for mother nature to calm down. I'm really happy I got a sneak preview of my tail!

You can see the dorsal fin next to my tail, the top and the ankle fins were not in the picture.
    Attachment 40448
    Oh wow! I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality! She's going to be a real stunner once yours is finished!

Are you planning on naming her yet?

The Crystal Mermaid of The Seafarer's Grotto
    Princess Nymphia of the Sea
    Instagram: @crystallinemermaid
    Solo Performer Facebook: Nymphia the Crystal Mermaid
    Business Facebook: The Seafarer's Grotto: Mermaid for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessNymphiaoftheSea View Post
    Oh wow! I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality! She's going to be a real stunner once yours is finished!

Are you planning on naming her yet?

I was considering to name it but I really don't know a name yet haha. Maybe later... or maybe getting some suggestions from friends or other merfolk!
    Last edited by Mermaid Lilija; 03-02-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Got some news!

My tail is being painted and is almost done! Only about two-three days left! I received a picture but they requested not to post it on social media (personal reasons they explained to me and I understood them).

The paint looks very nice and had a really good fading! I talked about where my tail was inspired from and she then used some other pigments in the blue wich were just stunning in the light! The paint almost glows! It shines so bright I truly love it! I never asked for this, and I didn't know she used extra pigments (but I could change it if I didn't like it), she totally went detail into my design and the story behind the tail, that is why she did this. She definitely can think outside the box! And I truly love this about a designer/artist.

She had to put two extra tables on the sides for the fluke it is that big! I kinda laughed when I saw that, I knew the fluke was big but damn!

Since I wanted to name my tail I've got some names but can't choose from them Maybe some advice? These are the names with their meanings...;

Coventina
    Water goddess.
    Celtic

Dylana
    ocean-born
    England

Cordelia
    Women of the sea.
    Celtic

Marella
    Shining sea.
    Celtic

Marilla
    Shining sea.
    Celtic

Meredith
    Protector of the sea.
    Celtic

Morgana
    Dweller of the sea.
    Celtic
    Last edited by Mermaid Lilija; 03-09-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Wow that tail is gorgeous even without the paint! I can't wait to see it finished! The name Coventina or Cordelia would go well with your theme of cold, because they start with the hard "C" sound

Sent from my Shellphone using Tapatalk for Android
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

Quote Originally Posted by MeliPixie View Post
    Wow that tail is gorgeous even without the paint! I can't wait to see it finished! The name Coventina or Cordelia would go well with your theme of cold, because they start with the hard "C" sound

Never thought of that! Also my real name begins with a C so that's also a win win haha

And this is the final result! Her name is the "Cordelia Tail"! She will be shipped out tomorrow! Top pics will go on my Instagram when I received it! Also maybe going to do an unboxing video on Instagram (not sure) otherwise pictures LOTS of pictures!!! My experience with SeeThroughSea was FINtastic!, I read some old stories about them but they are really great at making tails and what they do! So that will be the past. I totally recommend them!

Name:  thumbnail_Carla's Tail Final Watermarked.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  209.9 KB

Oh wow! I had never really noticed SeeThroughSea's work before, but this looks very nice. I'm really digging that scale size gradient on both the top and bottom of the tail
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Holy moly!!!! Those blues are incredible!

The Crystal Mermaid of The Seafarer's Grotto
    Princess Nymphia of the Sea
    Instagram: @crystallinemermaid
    Solo Performer Facebook: Nymphia the Crystal Mermaid
    Business Facebook: The Seafarer's Grotto: Mermaid for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    Oh wow! I had never really noticed SeeThroughSea's work before, but this looks very nice. I'm really digging that scale size gradient on both the top and bottom of the tail
    Yeah! I just loved how they put details like you said They are not that "famous" like FinFolks, Merbellas,... but definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessNymphiaoftheSea View Post
    Holy moly!!!! Those blues are incredible!

Yes!! They are so bright also they put some special pigments in it, it looks like it just sparkles like glitter in the sunlight! (they send me a video of it) and also the white, I could choose from different sort of whites and I explained to them what the tail was about and that I let the decision of wich white will be more one with the idea and they did something amazing! I shall just copy what they said haha "I used a new pigment I found that is very subtle, you can only see it in bright sunlight but when the white parts of your tail are in the sun they glint a very icy blue."
    I just love the idea already and I will be making a video probably!

I seriously can't wait to see pictures!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm beyond psyched to see you in it!!!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Very exciting, can't wait!

Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

Name:  thumbnail_Carla's Tail Final Watermarked.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  209.9 KB

Holy shit, that gradience. Stunning.

May I be awkward and ask how much you spent on this tail?

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    [/CENTER]Holy shit, that gradience. Stunning.

May I be awkward and ask how much you spent on this tail?
    I had the top & tail for $2500 with the dorsal fin & ankle fins it was $2.875 And shipping from Hawaii to Belgium is $172,31 so in grand total $3047,31... Taxes not included yet wich will be a lot!

My tail will arrive within 8 business days!

That's not bad, especially considering that elaborate paint job! Does she offer competitor monofins as well?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    That's not bad, especially considering that elaborate paint job! Does she offer competitor monofins as well?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk
    You can just ask if you have a particular mono fin in mind that you want, it will need to be modified tho So normally yes!