Thread: best glue for headpieces?

best glue for headpieces?

So I attempted to make another sheashell crown. I used a hot glue gun but am wondering if there is a better way. When the glue dries it is not completely clear, but more 'frosted'. I noticed there are quite a few sloppy parts where you can see the glue and either I just used too much in spots or I am not using the right glue. Are there glue gun sticks that dry completely clear? I am working with shells and beads/gems ect...and if I used E6000 the nozzle is just too big and will make a huge mess. Thoughts? What do others use for this type of project. I am starting to think it is just me being sloppy and since I was working in not the best light, I didn't see all my mistakes till daylight. LOL

Name:  djkdjlj.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  239.6 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I use E6000 for heavy things and DAP Rapid Fuse for smaller! both water proof once cured.

I don't use toxic glues like E6000. I work a lot with hot glue. I have an industrial gun and use the highest temp setting for strongest bond. The tip is nice and small for accuracy and you can add even smaller nozzles. But a bigger gun means you have to develop a more sensitive trigger finger.

If you let it cool just enough (pls don't burn yourself!) you can shmear away excess glue w a finger or popsicle stick so it is less blobby/visible. With some materials (fabrics) this makes it more visible tho so you have to experiment. You can also sometimes carefully peel away excess glue once dry. But prevention is always best so set yourself up to have good lighting and practice getting a steady hand.
    Lauren Chu ~ Mermaid Soluna
    HamptonsMermaid.com @HamptonsMermaid
    Miss Mermaid USA 2016/17, Miss Mermaid International 2016/17 2nd Runner Up

Most of the time I use 'Glossy Accents' (http://rangerink.com/?product=inksse...cents%E2%84%A2) on my crafts as E6000 isn't in the shops here in Belgium (or it's very expensive if I can find a small tube). This glue is very strong, waterproof and transparent when dry. You also can use it on it's own as little 'wet' droplets

thanks everyone. I was at the stores today again looking at all the glue. LOL. I could not find any nozzle attachments for e6000 and saw alot of others and just wasnt sure...I feel like I need smaller nozzle for my glue gun, but didnt see that either

It still looks amazing though! What did you use as a base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)