Thread: I have finally started sculpting!

I have finally started sculpting!

Hey guys! It's been a while and I am definitely taking my time with this because I have lots of other projects going on at the moment, but I have finally started sculpting my scales!

I have posted a couple times before asking about tail making methods and have decided to go with the individual scale method on a power mesh base, and Pearlie Mae has definitely given lots of good tips.

I have decided I want larger scales, and I am inspired by tarpon scales and unicorns haha. I designed 3 different scale sizes and will mix them through out on the tail.

I plan to sculpt 8 large scales to make a mold, 10 middle sized scales, and 14 small scales. I want to have a variety of scales so I will make them all slightly different. I want to make fiberglass molds so I can use these molds over and over, because I will be doing this little by little as I get money for silicone.

Today I ordered color changing pigments. I got the one called Bermuda and Laguna. I have attached a photo of the two colors I ordered, and over a couple different colors of base coats I think they will look awesome! The only thing I'm not sure of is should I get white silicone or clear if I'm putting the color changing pigment in, I'm assuming clear, but for the base of the scales would I pigment the scales base color using white silicone or clear?

Let me know what you guys think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ooo! They look like molds for chocolate frogs!

I like the Bermuda one.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Awesome!!

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using Tapatalk
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >