Thread: Mermaid Sign Language

Mermaid Sign Language

Some of us have discussed the creation and benefits of a Mermaid Sign Language. I wanted to create this thread as an overall space for people to come up with related ideas and new signs and so people can post questions. We have decided that MSL will be based on ASL so familiarize yourself with that to start with.

The goal is for MSL to be used across Oceans to unite Mermfolk and promote communication and a common language. And I know a lot of people int he original discussion wanted to work with Deaf and HoH kids to show them that even Mermaids use Sign.

I will be keeping this first post updated with useful ASL signs as well as information about the signs we create. If you design a new sign for our language, please take a video and upload it to youtube so we can all review it and I can link it here.
    Happy Signing!!
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

i saw a post on one of the facebook pods i am a part of that i thought people in this thread would be interested in. I'm not sure if the project is already on here so i thought i would share. they are looking for mers to send in videos of themselves signing something watery/merfolk related (there are a list of words already used) and a short message about the sign you chose (like why you chose it or a fun fact about the word itself). videos will hopefully be aired every day during Mer May.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2484...3004741238455/